Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
27 January 2021, 05:40:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Peninsular Napoleonic project is complete, updates coming soon!
315223 Posts in 18240 Topics by 2287 Members
Latest Member: Vonthoma
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Pendraken's 20th Birthday Bash!
| | |-+  Pendraken's 20th Birthday Bash!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pendraken's 20th Birthday Bash!  (Read 62086 times)
Fenton
Lieutenant General

« Reply #225 on: 14 July 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

Just started watching the feed . and thought WOW thats great terrain then realised it was an advert

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!
Fenton
Lieutenant General

« Reply #226 on: 14 July 2012, 02:35:59 PM »

Any chance of a different view?...Something high up so we can get a panorama view?

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!
Aart Brouwer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

« Reply #227 on: 14 July 2012, 03:57:50 PM »

They're off the air, right? Or is it just me?

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)
Fenton
Lieutenant General

« Reply #228 on: 14 July 2012, 04:02:19 PM »

yeah I'm not getting anything either...maybe there showing off future releases so there not allowed to broadcast ans everyone present is signinh the official secrets act

Aart Brouwer
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #229 on: 14 July 2012, 04:06:22 PM »

Or maybe lightning has struck the building  Evil

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)
Theo
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #230 on: 14 July 2012, 05:30:10 PM »

Happy Birthday Pendraken!!!! No mean feat being around for so many years! Well done to everyone involved.

Just placed an order as my way of saying Happy Birthday!  Wink

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
chubooga
Cadet

« Reply #231 on: 14 July 2012, 06:17:43 PM »

popped in the brithday bash today...

picked up far more packs than I intended too, also picked up inspiration for at least another two periods in 10mm from the excellent display games..... and even picked up a goody bag and huge slice of birthday cake!

wish I could have stayed for the day, but had to take daughter horseriding!

good stuff!
Rubicon
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #232 on: 14 July 2012, 06:49:04 PM »

I'm waiting for pics of the debris in the bar at 3am  Evil

I was the "debris in the bar at 3am"
Steve J
General

« Reply #233 on: 15 July 2012, 07:38:30 AM »

In a sense I'm glad I couldn't make it as there would have been far too much temptation for a weak willed chap such as I.

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!
scrutonsmog
Cadet

« Reply #234 on: 15 July 2012, 10:31:19 AM »

Great event Leon and Dave. Missed the cake unfortunately but it's not as if I need the calories.

Got home and cleaned/undercoated the ACW figures I bought...very nice, I expect I'll be back for a lot more.
chubooga
Cadet

« Reply #235 on: 15 July 2012, 01:00:19 PM »

just been sorting through the excellent WW2 toys I bought.,...

and really like the birthday figure, ...

but it feels wrong to keep it sitting in a box here

so, Ive two options.

1. Free to a good home , afraid its not my period, 18th century generaly type on a plinth as if a statue....

OR

2. I paint it up and maybe raffle or bid or something on here and moneys raised can go to charity of forums choosing?

any thoughts?
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #236 on: 15 July 2012, 01:08:22 PM »

First off, thanks to everyone who came along to the Birthday Bash, especially the guys who came and put on the games, they all looked fantastic!  I'll be getting all my pics uploaded this afternoon, so keep an eye out for that thread.

Apologies for the trouble with the live feed though, we couldn't get it working on the tablet, so we had to make an emergency run to Maplins for a wireless webcam.  That one worked, but it was a nightmare to get positioned properly, and then we had trouble with the lighting as well.  I think if we were to try this again, we'd look at getting a few more camera's and doing some kind of multi-feed streaming so that there's more going on.

I'd fear a full moon more, they'll get taken off air for it!

There almost was, but we talked them out of it...!   Cheesy

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #237 on: 15 July 2012, 01:34:37 PM »

It was a great night out, really enjoyed it!  I heard the bar was indeed kept open until the early hours, I should have called back in on my way home from packing goodie bags!

Cheesy

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
goat major
Colonel

« Reply #238 on: 15 July 2012, 05:24:47 PM »

Had a great day yesterday - thanks to Leon and the team for organising something special, thanks to all the really great people who put on so many excellent games. And big thanks to Gavin for being such a splendid opponent and only cheating when it was important  Smiley

So the main question is.... when do we do it again ? Smiley

My blog: http://simonspaintingblogandstuff.blogspot.com/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #239 on: 15 July 2012, 05:50:00 PM »

just been sorting through the excellent WW2 toys I bought.,...

and really like the birthday figure, ...

but it feels wrong to keep it sitting in a box here

so, Ive two options.

1. Free to a good home , afraid its not my period, 18th century generaly type on a plinth as if a statue....

OR

2. I paint it up and maybe raffle or bid or something on here and moneys raised can go to charity of forums choosing?

any thoughts?

As much as I' want to say option 1, let's do option 2!

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: