Scatter Dice

Started by NTM, 12 January 2012, 08:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NTM

Leon,

Any plans to add these to the range or blank D6 to make your own?
Used in rulesets such as BKC & IABSM.
Can only find them from GW in a reasonably priced set or hideously expensive singles in an online store!

Nigel

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The Wargames Unlimited way is cool, roll a d10 for scatter distance, the direction the top of the dice points is the direction of scatter...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

NTM

I have seen that suggestion elsewhere and will use in the interim but would like the correct item.

GordonY

I have a d10 with no numbers on it, just a triangle on each face, sorry cant for the life of me remember where I got it. Thats my scatter die of choice.

NTM

Gordon, quick search has revealed EM4 sell blank D10's as well as all the others and a directional dice set which is cheaper than I've seen before.
Still would like to know if they could be included in the Minibits range as it would be good to have a one-stop shop.
There are two distinct types I have seen btw, one has numbers and arrows on all 6 faces which suits BKC the other has 4 arrows and 2 hits which is suitable for IABSM (although the former will work as you can treat 5&6 as hits of course)

fred.

I'm sure I got a blank d6 from EM4 and put arrows on with permanent marker pen.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

GordonY

Yeah I was playing a mega-game of BKC last weekend, and the organisers were using GW scatter dice, it meant that my Nebelwerfer batteries (I had 3 batteries of them) had a 1 in 3 chance of not scattering. Long story short, I stopped the para assault on the Ville de Canard pretty much just with those, 72 dice on every target under the huge Naval template, even needing 6s to hit, pretty much if it was under it, it died. Thats the reason that I'm not a fan of the GW one.

OldenBUA

If you look real close, the 'Hit' on the GW scatter die also has a small arrowhead. So you could use that.

Another house-rule for BKC that I've used is to re-roll the scatter die when the 'Hit' comes up, but use one die less for distance. Only when you end up with zero distance dice will there be no scattering.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

GordonY

I know about the arrow but the umpires were classing that as "on target", great game though, 16 players, 4 umpires, an effective table size of 20ft x 16ft and more Pendraken kit in play than Dave and Leon take to a show. 

OldenBUA

Quote from: GordonY on 12 January 2012, 07:55:36 PM
more Pendraken kit in play than Dave and Leon take to a show. 

Got any pics? We like pics.  :D
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

GordonY

Sorry, forgot to take my camera, but there were over 100 Shermans on table at once, I thought the Naval/Rocket template was bad until I saw the one on the next table, the Karl Morser one.  :o

I'll try to scrounge a few piccies on Saturday night.

Steve J

Photos would be good :).

NTM

I've also found compass dice which are D8's marked with compass points which would also work.

OldenBUA

Aander lu bin óók lu.

nikharwood

Quote from: OldenBUA on 12 January 2012, 09:45:03 PM
Got any pics? We like pics.  :D

Hehehehe - I just read this & thought I'd posted... ;D

OldenBUA's right though, y'know... 8)