fix bows on wood elf archer miniature?

Started by Dunnadd, 09 January 2012, 02:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunnadd

09 January 2012, 02:40:48 PM Last Edit: 09 January 2012, 02:43:33 PM by Dunnadd
Any chance of fixing the bows on the wood elf archer figures? Would be nice figures if it wasn't for their bows being so short they barely exist. As they are just now they look kind of half-arsed, as if the modeller decided to change the bow and then just shrugged and thought *f*ck it, it's only fantasy* so left them half done.

Dunnadd

and ditto for hill dwarf archers, goblin archers, in fact almost all the 10mm fantasy range's archers - bows all seem to be little stubs

fred.

I agree. The high elf archer is the only one with a nicely sculpted bow.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Halflings ones are okay, if you consider they are short and stunted anyway!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dunnadd

yeah, true, halfling ones are nice - but most of the others need proper bows instead of stumps (other than that they're all good figures)

Leon

This is actually a reasonable easy fix, it's just the time and cost of remoulding everything.  I'll have a think about it and see if we can get something done at some point.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kerath

Nice request, +1 here

The shortness of the bow is the reason I haven't ordered in any of my undead orders to the store any skellies with bow (or any troop with it)

wonderer18

Add my request as well . A longer bow would be better . ta .

Stuart

Techno

Bung me some masters, when you're ready Leon  ;)
Like you say...The swine is having to re-mould everything.. :'(
Cheers - Phil

Dunnadd

Techno

I think we'll probably have wait until Leon's ready to fit them in 'D'. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

kerath

Any news in bow-update? I'm really interested on the Undead Archers with better bows :)

Leon

Quote from: kerath on 15 May 2012, 10:10:12 PM
Any news in bow-update? I'm really interested on the Undead Archers with better bows :)

Nothing I'm afraid, just too much on the design schedule elsewhere.  This is one which is probably better suited to a conversion, so if anyone wants to have a go, let me know and I'll send some out.  We can then mould them up and add them to the range.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Bung me some down Leon.
Unless someone else is really keen to do them.
They'll only take a few minutes each to do.
Cheers - Phil.

kerath

Well I'm having a hard time now preparing the TOEFL exam, but if it isn't done in June, I can give a try if Techno hasn't done it already. Moreover, I plan to do a conversion from the undead mage I got in the command to a "egyptian priest" I suggested some time ago. Modelling in 10mm is hard! Yet I have done some little converting..