Pendraken Painting Competition 2012 Info and Rules!!!

Started by Leon, 06 January 2012, 01:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Blacksmith, have a look at last year's open category entries. IIRC the entry rules were pretty much the same. I entered an armoured ambulance with casualty and medic ad one entry and a artillery piece as another.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

blacksmith

Quote from: fred12df on 07 February 2012, 02:09:29 PM
Blacksmith, have a look at last year's open category entries. IIRC the entry rules were pretty much the same. I entered an armoured ambulance with casualty and medic ad one entry and a artillery piece as another.
Thank you Fred :)

jchaos79

Hi, just a question: I had entered some pics to the competition in mounted and foot category. I posted a Single pic but having 3 stands with figures (a unit for my wargames system). Is this correct? or should I only take a pic of one STAND of the unit?

Leon

Quote from: jchaos79 on 08 February 2012, 08:47:31 PM
Hi, just a question: I had entered some pics to the competition in mounted and foot category. I posted a Single pic but having 3 stands with figures (a unit for my wargames system). Is this correct? or should I only take a pic of one STAND of the unit?

I popped you a PM through, did it arrive?  You will need to reduce the entry to just one base of figures unfortunately.  Let me know if you would like to put a new picture up, or if you would like me to edit the one which is already there.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

peterdong

Can I post in the "anything" category with my Russian army? (It has a little bit of Pithead  :()
I will stand, or I will fall. But I will not sit.

Leon

Quote from: peterdong on 09 February 2012, 02:46:01 PM
Can I post in the "anything" category with my Russian army? (It has a little bit of Pithead  :()

Yeah, an army would be fine, but you'd need to hide the Pithead stuff though!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

geoffb

Am I right in thinking there should only be one model in the vehicle category?
I have three panthers done and was going to enter one but see some entries have more than one vehicle in them?
cheers
Geoff

Leon

Quote from: geoffb on 15 February 2012, 02:41:00 PM
Am I right in thinking there should only be one model in the vehicle category?
I have three panthers done and was going to enter one but see some entries have more than one vehicle in them?
cheers
Geoff

Yep, only one base/vehicle per entry.  I usually pop a quick email through to any entries which don't meet the criteria.

Nosher

How are people getting around the filesize issue for uploading????  :(

I know I am a self confessed IT Illiterate but I simply cannot post anything other than a thumbnail sized pic whatever I seem to try?  :-[

What am I doing wrong  :o and why cant I post large pics or more than two pics in a single post?  :'(
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 19 February 2012, 08:36:35 PM
How are people getting around the filesize issue for uploading????  :(

I know I am a self confessed IT Illiterate but I simply cannot post anything other than a thumbnail sized pic whatever I seem to try?  :-[

What am I doing wrong  :o and why cant I post large pics or more than two pics in a single post?  :'(

Most folk are hosting them elsewhere and linking them from here.  I'm popped you a PM through about sending me the pics and I can upload them for you.

8)

Leon

We've passed the 100 entries mark, actually 110 now!  Great stuff on show so far, I wonder what the last 8 days will bring?!   :-bd

peterdong

Um Leon, I know that only 2 people from each category will get a prize, but after the competition is over are the judges allowed to let us know how many points each of our entries received (only for those that want to know, of course)? That way, everyone who participated would get a little bit of feed back on how they did. Maybe it could be sent through a PM.

Please?  ;) :D
Thanks, Peter
I will stand, or I will fall. But I will not sit.

Leon

Quote from: peterdong on 21 February 2012, 10:58:32 PM
Um Leon, I know that only 2 people from each category will get a prize, but after the competition is over are the judges allowed to let us know how many points each of our entries received (only for those that want to know, of course)? That way, everyone who participated would get a little bit of feed back on how they did. Maybe it could be sent through a PM.

Anyone who receives at least a point from the Judges, but doesn't win a prize, will go into the People's Choice Award, where all of the board members get to vote on who their favourite is.  So if you don't get a main prize, and aren't in the People's Choice, then unfortunately you didn't receive any points.   :(

The downside of so many entries is that a lot of people won't get any points, but we hope that everyone enjoys taking part, maybe gets a few tips/ideas for the future, and makes a little progress on their own personal lead mountain.

8)

Peritas

Hey Leon

Really something is missinig for me.

is it possible to entry with the same pic in differents categories???? :D

Thanks a lot

Best REgards

Leon

Quote from: Peritas on 22 February 2012, 05:09:44 PM
is it possible to entry with the same pic in differents categories???? :D

Not really no.  A few people have entered a base of foot in the Foot Category, and then entered their whole army (including those foot figures) in the 'Anything Goes' category, which is OK.