Show dates for 2012!

Started by Leon, 05 January 2012, 02:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Just a quick update on this, we now won't be attending SELWG this year, so I've updated the list.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Yorky

Leon, just noticed on Website Flashy board, you have Durham down as Sat 2nd June not the 9th

Ian :)

Leon

Quote from: Yorky on 31 May 2012, 12:16:17 PM
Leon, just noticed on Website Flashy board, you have Durham down as Sat 2nd June not the 9th

Apologies for that, I've just fixed it now. Although I don't have Photoshop on the work machine, so it's quite obvious that I've just written over the top of the image in Paint...  :-[ :(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sulphur

Its a shame Pendraken wont be at SELWG as Im going and its my first show, but I understand its difficult getting to all shows. I have just started getting into the wargame hobby and hope to pick up some 10mm tomorrow, figures, vehicles and a lot of terrain to get my table up an running. I dont even know how to play rules etc so hope tomorrow will be a learning experience aswell. Does anyone know any traders going to SELWG which would suit 10mm thanks Kev

Leon

13 October 2012, 04:40:59 PM #19 Last Edit: 13 October 2012, 04:46:20 PM by Leon
Quote from: sulphur on 13 October 2012, 09:27:19 AM
Its a shame Pendraken wont be at SELWG as Im going and its my first show, but I understand its difficult getting to all shows. I have just started getting into the wargame hobby and hope to pick up some 10mm tomorrow, figures, vehicles and a lot of terrain to get my table up an running. I dont even know how to play rules etc so hope tomorrow will be a learning experience aswell. Does anyone know any traders going to SELWG which would suit 10mm thanks Kev

Shame we weren't able to make it, it's always nice to meet up with folk.  Unfortunately the table costs had gone up quite a lot this year, so it wasn't viable for us to attend.  I'll pop you an email through about getting you sorted out.

In regards to other traders, pretty much all of the small scale (6/10mm) companies have dropped out of this one now I think.  Old Glory stopped a couple of years ago, Baccus dropped out last year, and now we're out as well.  So, there's only Magister Militum left.

:(

If anyone was planning on picking up some Pendraken goodies from SELWG, drop me an email and we'll get something sorted out.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Think Timecast were!  ;)

They do some smashing 10mm terrain btw!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 13 October 2012, 05:30:49 PM
Think Timecast were!  ;)

They do indeed, so get yourself over to their stand for some quality stuff!   8)

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 13 October 2012, 05:30:49 PM
Think Timecast were!  ;)

They were indeed.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

sulphur

Hi all, my son and I had a great day out at selwg yesterday and managed to get a couple of bargains. Also picked up some excellent terrain pieces from Timecast who were very helpful.
Overall a very friendly bunch at the show with some fantastic table layouts which my son was quite taken with ( hes only 5 ) Looking forward to the Reading show and hopefully meet up with forum members and the Pendraken crew. Cheers for now Kev.

Leon

Sandinista

Quote from: Leon on 15 October 2012, 04:57:54 PM
How was the show, busy?

Seemed a bit slower than last year, definitely less traders - I even came home with money in my pocket  :o

Kallistra were there, but their stand seemed smaller compared to last year.

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 15 October 2012, 04:57:54 PM
How was the show, busy?

There wasn't the crush there always was in the past. There did seem to be more traders in the main hall - and fewer games. They didn't seem to be using any of the side rooms this time around. Possibly just my perception, but there seemed to be more historical games and less fantasy.  And the standard of games was very high this year.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net