Napoleonic gun teams

Started by Bertie, 29 December 2011, 10:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bertie

Any chance you will be doing the horse riders for the gun teams while the gun and carriage is on the move?

YORSTONS

I agree, both Austrian and French including horse artillery.

Cheers.

Leon

I believe we are, they might even be in a mould somewhere, but I'd have to check on that.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

wonderer18

Cool , can we see some .

Stuart

Leon

We've got the horses/riders, but as far as I'm aware, there weren't riders on the 1809 style limber itself?  The horse artillery did ride an earlier limber, but we need to get the current one sent back for conversion.  We've already got the riders for it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 14 May 2012, 07:00:05 PM
We've got the horses/riders, but as far as I'm aware, there weren't riders on the 1809 style limber itself?  The horse artillery did ride an earlier limber, but we need to get the current one sent back for conversion.  We've already got the riders for it.

No, Austrian gunners rode on a padded ammunition chest set into the gun trail. The teams were, however, actually ridden (like all the other nationalities) for two reasons, a) it's easier to control a large team with riders in the saddle, and b) the weight of the riders gives the ridden horses more traction on loose ground.

Hope this helps.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 15 May 2012, 10:47:10 AM
No, Austrian gunners rode on a padded ammunition chest set into the gun trail. The teams were, however, actually ridden (like all the other nationalities) for two reasons, a) it's easier to control a large team with riders in the saddle, and b) the weight of the riders gives the ridden horses more traction on loose ground.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, that's what I meant, we've got the horses with riders, so we'll be getting those moulded up soon.  The riders for the limber are here, but we need to convert the 1809 one into an earlier version to seat them on.

WeeWars

Old post, I realise. But ...

Was the OP actually referring to horse artillery mounted gunners riding alongside limbers on the move -- both French and Austrian?

Are the figures discussed in production?

If we're talking mounted limber riders, could I make a request for both a front and a rear rider? -- as the two were differently harnessed (both French and Austrian).
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 15 February 2013, 08:07:07 PM
Was the OP actually referring to horse artillery mounted gunners riding alongside limbers on the move -- both French and Austrian?

Are the figures discussed in production?

If we're talking mounted limber riders, could I make a request for both a front and a rear rider? -- as the two were differently harnessed (both French and Austrian).

The French horse limbers are coming soon, the designer is just finishing the modified limber for them.  The Austrians will have limbers as well at some point, but no horse variety as they were the same uniforms as the foot. 

The horses themselves are usually a generic limber horse at this end, so I'm not sure if we'd go to the trouble of altering the harnesses on them.

8)

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Any ideas on timing of the Austrian limbers (or indeed the French horse artillery limbers)?

Regards

Edward

Leon

I've got the Austrian ones cast up for production moulding, just need to find a bit of time to get the riders/team sorted out as well and then we're good to go.

The French ones (Horse and an earlier style) arrived from the designer last month, but haven't been mastered yet.  I think they may have plastic on them, so will need to go into a low temp mould with some vehicles and whatnot.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Leon, that's good news.

I realised from reading a recent blogpost (http://maraudermoments.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/5-on-5-general-de-brigade-bust-up.html) that I could make use of the sample Austrian and French forces I've got in 10mm to test out General de Brigade before building up a division a side.  To do this I will need a few more packs here and there and, to the point of this thread, Austrian limbers.

If I'm lucky I can paint up most of the trial forces (Austrian: 3 Hungarian battalions, 1 Grenz battalion, 1 6pdr battery, 1 chevauleger wing vs French: 1 Legere and 3 Ligne battalions, 1 6pdr battery and a 2-squadron Chasseurs a Cheval unit) over the summer.   If that all goes well then it may escalate into getting a reinforced division a side at 1:20. 

Regards

Edward 

Leon

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 13 June 2013, 05:53:09 PM
I realised from reading a recent blogpost (http://maraudermoments.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/5-on-5-general-de-brigade-bust-up.html) that I could make use of the sample Austrian and French forces I've got in 10mm to test out General de Brigade before building up a division a side.  To do this I will need a few more packs here and there and, to the point of this thread, Austrian limbers.

If I'm lucky I can paint up most of the trial forces (Austrian: 3 Hungarian battalions, 1 Grenz battalion, 1 6pdr battery, 1 chevauleger wing vs French: 1 Legere and 3 Ligne battalions, 1 6pdr battery and a 2-squadron Chasseurs a Cheval unit) over the summer.   If that all goes well then it may escalate into getting a reinforced division a side at 1:20. 

8)

Sounds good to me!

Peritas

Thanks Leon

I will order them when They are available

Best regards