Mamelouks!

Started by Le Manchou, 21 December 2011, 11:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Manchou

Hello Leon, Pendraken plans to do the Chasseurs a cheval de la garde for Wagram but not the Mamelouk squadron, would it be possible to include 3 mamelouks and 12 chasseurs a cheval de la garde in one pack as they were usually linked and a pack of 15 mamelouks would be way too much for most rules. Another demand is Napoleon and aides like the Mamelouk Roustan and Massena in his carriage.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Leon

I've popped these on the lists, but I'm not sure how viable they will be.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

When you get to do the Ottoman Turk Napoleonic additions, the Egyptians in 1798 had 12,000 Mamelukes, so you would need plenty of them then  ;) Although they should have spears, javelins, blunderbusses, mace, and pistols and 2 sabres.

Perhaps be better to do a full Mameluke pack for your rev wars range, some with swords only, then those wanting the French Guard unit of 150 men can buy a strip separately or borrow from an Egyptian pack.

Mark

Rob

Le Manchou

You are absolutely right!

Le Manchou

Sorry to tell you that I don't need them anymore, I bought the mamelouks from the Old Glory range

sultanbev

had to google that, I never knew OG did 10mm....