10mm SYW

Started by kustenjaeger, 19 December 2011, 07:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kustenjaeger

Greetings

I can't match Nik's speed or quality.  Even so I've determined to put a dent in the 10mm SYW figures over the holiday season (one reason I've been asking about limbers and varnish on other sub-boards).

Here's the current state - the picture quality leaves something to be desired though.

http://kustenjaeger.blogspot.com/2011/12/holiday-project-part-1.html

Regards

Edward

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

As long as you are happy with them, that's all that counts. I think if you flocked the bases, you would be amazed at the difference it would make to the overall look and feel.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

I'm considering flocking the bases at some stage with clumps of vegetation/static grass because that's normally what I do for larger figures.   I wanted to get the figures in playable state first.

Regards

Edward

nikharwood

Those are very nice indeed Edward - if you do flock the bases that'll set them off perfectly. It's an often-repeated truism that basing can turn good figures into great ones  :)

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Thanks Nik.

I may test flock a few bases in due course and get some views here on the optimum way to go.

Regards

Edward

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Although these are also not yet flocked I've decided I will flock all the SYW in due course.  Here are the Allies:

http://kustenjaeger.blogspot.com/2011/12/holiday-project-part-2.html

A wonder for me actually to decide to paint a batch of figures and then actually doing it within the timeframe.

Regards and Happy New Year

Edward

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

I have played SYW in 10mm using both Minden Rose and Black Powder. The two systems are a little different from one another but both give an excellent game in 10mm. Nice looking armies which are based similarly to mine. Both sets of rules are compatible with such bases. Tried to post a comment on your blog but haven't a clue what all the various ID things are to be able to do so.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!