Recon Show Report!

Started by Leon, 17 December 2011, 03:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Apologies for the delay on this one, I put the camera down after the show and completely forgot about the report!

The Recon show is the last one on the calendar, held down the road in Pudsey, on the outskirts of Leeds.  Held in the Civic Hall, this show has a good mix of traders, with some nice games dotted about.  The only downside to the event is that the hall is pretty cramped, and even with a 24ft stand, we were still quite squashed.  The chap behind us had a similar walk-in stand to ours, and we both had to push out into the walkways a bit.

The main hall is downstairs, with the majority of the traders and the games:

Upstairs they have the Bring & Buy, along with some more games, and a single trade stand:

The doors opened early, and there seemed to be a good number of people about.  As some of you may remember, last year was the 'Great White Out', and it took a heavy toll on both trade and visitor numbers.  Despite the good numbers this year, the trade for us never really got going throughout the day, and aside from a brief rush of business in the mid-afternoon, there wasn't a lot happening in the till by the end of the day.  Chatting with other traders, it seemed to be a similar story all around, so maybe the proximity to Xmas, or it being the last of they year, and everyone had spent up, had some effect.

I grabbed some pics of the games:

Overall, not a great day trade-wise, but it's a nice friendly show with a good atmosphere, and is well worth a visit if you're in the area!   8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No captions for the pics. Otherwise excellent.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021