Where are the profits made??

Started by 17-21l, 15 April 2010, 10:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Quote from: Leon on 10 March 2012, 10:28:28 PM
One of the main clubs in Buenos Aires is getting into 10mm, so that's even better for us!

Practice ahead of a second invasion perhaps?

If thats the case can we have a Type 45 Destroyer and a Sea King added to the requests list please?
:o
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Sandinista

Leon

I'm interested to see whether the Falkland's range gets any interest from Argentinian customers actually.  When we released the WWII Pacific stuff, we got a couple of orders from Japan in the first couple of weeks, and then a few more since.  It's curious how personal connection to a conflict can result in differing opinions on gaming it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Quote from: Leon on 10 March 2012, 11:57:49 PM
It's curious how personal connection to a conflict can result in differing opinions on gaming it.

New thread started!

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4826.0.html
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Le Manchou on 16 April 2010, 12:55:37 PM
I am probably the 0,02%, I order from China!  ;D
You've got some competition. I'm in Thailand.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Le Manchou

Glad to hear that, unfortunately, I think it will still be difficult to meet to play, I live in Changchun, not far from North Korea and Vladivostok.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Luddite

Quote from: Leon on 10 March 2012, 10:28:28 PM
:D ;D  We might get even more when it gets released...  :D

I actually chatted with one of the Argentinian customers, and he said that wargaming is pretty popular over there, with a growing economy and more disposable income, it's looking good.  One of the main clubs in Buenos Aires is getting into 10mm, so that's even better for us!

:o :-\

Hope they aren't using the Kriegspiel rules....   ;D

That said, perhaps if they want to kick off again we should suggest we fight it out over the wargames table (in 10mm of course) rather than all that rather unpleasant and costly actual fighting business?

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

FierceKitty

Quote from: Luddite on 11 March 2012, 11:46:43 AM

:o :-\

Hope they aren't using the Kriegspiel rules....   ;D

That said, perhaps if they want to kick off again we should suggest we fight it out over the wargames table (in 10mm of course) rather than all that rather unpleasant and costly actual fighting business?

Expecting rational, sane, civilised behaviour from the human race?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.