Lists for the new ACW range!

Started by Leon, 07 December 2011, 05:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syr Hobbs

Hey Bryan, do you have another show in September?  Sure wish I could get you to come out to Recruits here in Kansas City.  www.Recruits-con.com.  This is a show my wife and I put on twice a year. LOL 

Come to think of it, I'm planning to put on aleast one "First Day of Gettysburg" scenarios at Fall Recruits in September.

So with luck these will be ready to go tomorrow or at the very latest early August.

ACW27   Union cavalry, inc. command     
ACW29   Dismounted cavalry in kepi     
ACW33   Union horse holders

I'm not sure how many to put on a stand yet but I think I need 20+ stands.  But there sure are a lot of choices in that list as well.  Besides these dismounted Yanks need a target.   ;)

thanks
Duane

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Chad on 30 June 2012, 03:41:02 PM
Zouaves in Turban! Just right for Tirailleurs Algerian 1859.

Chad
:) :)
Great call Chad!  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: Syr Hobbs on 30 June 2012, 06:05:52 PM
Hey Bryan, do you have another show in September?  Sure wish I could get you to come out to Recruits here in Kansas City.  www.Recruits-con.com.  This is a show my wife and I put on twice a year. LOL 

Come to think of it, I'm planning to put on aleast one "First Day of Gettysburg" scenarios at Fall Recruits in September.

So with luck these will be ready to go tomorrow or at the very latest early August.

ACW27   Union cavalry, inc. command     
ACW29   Dismounted cavalry in kepi     
ACW33   Union horse holders

I'm not sure how many to put on a stand yet but I think I need 20+ stands.  But there sure are a lot of choices in that list as well.  Besides these dismounted Yanks need a target.   ;)

thanks
Duane

Duane,
My current plan is to run the cornfield game three times. 1) with the local guys, 2) at the Council of Five Nation convention in Schenectady, NY, 3) and at Fall-In. I might also do the sunken road if I have time to get it together. Your convention looks like a lot of fun. If you were 8 hours nearer I would consider it. I drove through KC a few years ago coming back from Pea Ridge and Wilsons Creek and I must say it was a very long drive home. Are you doing Gettysburg in brigade or regimental scale? Next year I’m planning on doing a big second day game in regimental. I will probably do some of the first day as well.
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Syr Hobbs

It looks like you'll have your hands full.  I'm just glad you like to take pictures.  :)

I'm looking at Regimental (I think) and I also like how you base your figures, using 1" x 1/2" bases?  This seems to work well when deploying skirmishers etc.  So based on this width are we talking three figures to a stand? (I'm asking because I'm metally putting my order together as I type)   

There are two scenarios that I've found, an early morning engagement and another that is mid-afternoon.  The Unions forces are almost identical.

My wife and I visited Pea Ridge last Summer and will be heading down to Wilson's Creek around the 14th of this month.  We also stopped in on Lexington, MO about a month ago. But yea New York is a long, long ways away.

Duane

Fenton

Just looking at the new ACW ranges, have to say I think this some of the nicest stuff you have ever done..Although I dont really have an interest in ACW they do tempt me
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Quote from: Fenton on 01 July 2012, 10:26:26 AM
Just looking at the new ACW ranges, have to say I think this some of the nicest stuff you have ever done..Although I dont really have an interest in ACW they do tempt me

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: Syr Hobbs on 01 July 2012, 03:46:23 AM
It looks like you'll have your hands full.  I'm just glad you like to take pictures.  :)

I'm looking at Regimental (I think) and I also like how you base your figures, using 1" x 1/2" bases?  This seems to work well when deploying skirmishers etc.  So based on this width are we talking three figures to a stand? (I'm asking because I'm metally putting my order together as I type)   

There are two scenarios that I've found, an early morning engagement and another that is mid-afternoon.  The Unions forces are almost identical.

My wife and I visited Pea Ridge last Summer and will be heading down to Wilson's Creek around the 14th of this month.  We also stopped in on Lexington, MO about a month ago. But yea New York is a long, long ways away.

Duane

Duane,
I originally based my figures for regimental F&F. That was 1”X1/2” with four figures on a base. I then switched to a different set of rules called Rally Round the Flag. I have since modified these rules almost beyond recognition. For these rules, I put together two of my bases and call them one base. That is 1” X 1” with 8 figures. For cavalry I use 1” X ¾” bases with 6 figures. One base of figures is equal to about 80 to 100 men.
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!