Figures in Packs

Started by 17-21l, 06 December 2011, 04:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

17-21l

Hi Leon and gang. Just a quickie really.  When Im building an army I base my figures in 4's, and by the looks of most of the other lads on the site it seems the most common basing number (whip me if Im wrong  :P) So with our Pendraken Infantry packs we get 30 figures, which means I am usually 2 figs short of another stand.  This isnt a problem if I am buying multi packs of the same figure but is if Im building individual units as Im often left with 2 odd figures in a pile of other odd figures from other periods and units.  Would it be feasable to put the number of figures up to 32? and maybe stick the price up slightly so you guys dont dip out? Only a suggestion like - tell me where to go if you dont agree, or Ive got it totally wrong  :-[ . This said you do bend for us when bending is required - so I cant moan (Im not) and am most happy with yuor service.
Anycase me off to Orlando for Xmas in the morn -  so I wish you all a Very merry Christmas  :D
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

NTM

The closest to universal basing convention in 10mm is probably Warmaster which is 3 bases of 10 so all well and good with a Pendraken pack. You are quite right in saying there are other commonly used systems though but I don't think changing the pack sizes will help especially when you consider some packs include command where other are seperate. It's not as if they're expensive either.

Leon

06 December 2011, 05:16:34 PM #2 Last Edit: 07 December 2011, 01:07:39 AM by Leon
It's not really something we'd look at doing, for several reasons.  Firstly, the 30 figure packs have been use for such a long time, it'd take a lot of doing to implement and advertise the change.  Secondly, all the moulds are set up for 30 figure packs, so for some of them, just those 2 extra figures would require another spin of the mould, taking up more labour time.

The good news though, is that we can always supply the 32 figures as a custom pack, if that's what you need, and price it up accordingly.  
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

I'm not sure 4 is particularly common, personally I use 5 or 6 for skirmishers and WWII and 8 or 10 for close order troops.
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

kustenjaeger

Greetings

I've been wondering about pack sizes as I think about doing 1809.   I even did a spreadsheet to see what I'd get out of each pack.

For mass units the 30 figure excluding command are good, as are 30 figure pack with command.  I can always deal with a few odd figures.  What did confuse me was the 16 figure infantry pack.  For some reason the French line elite company in shako (so in 1809 pretty much the voltigeurs) are in a 16 pack while the grenadiers are in a 30 pack? 

Even more wierd is that the French light infantry chasseurs are in a 16 figure pack with command despite being the light infantry equivalent of fusiliers ie you need four times as many as you do of carabiniers [not sure how to represent voltiguers in the leger regiments yet - I can't see a difference in the photos between chasseurs and line elite company].  I comforted myself thinking that (a) if I get around to building the 3 battalions of 26e Leger at 1:15 then I'll do a special order anyway, and (b) even if I didn't extra command figures could actually be used to build separate command elements for different leger regiments.

Regards

Edward

17-21l

OOOPs can of worms and obviously got it wrong  :-[ like I said at the start Im more than happy with the service lads, so no grumbles at all, and definately dont want to mess you about, case closed.  :D
God Save the Queen
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lentulus

Quote from: 17-21l on 06 December 2011, 07:52:11 PM
dont want to mess you about

Oh, I mess them about all the time.  They are really great with custom orders.  My my most frequent is extra cavalry command figures.

SV52

I recently got a pack of 15 SYW mounted drummers, how much messing about is that?  No extra charge and a fast turnaround too.  All hail Pendraken =D>
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!