A painting conundrum

Started by Maenoferren, 04 December 2011, 10:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

A while ago I decided to satrt on my samurai apes and off I went sparyed black undercoated and then I left them, last night I set off again merrily painting the little chappies all the while thinking that I should have had more. Well evidently I have. I found them tonight... now the conundrum

do I try and match in the ones I have found or do I paint the new ones a different colour. The rest are all having red armour I have about 40 figures left so I could do a different colour it isnt as if I only had one or two packs to worry about.
I am just worried with various layers of paint I wont get them to look the same  :-\

WHat do people think
on the up side I found a padded envelope of other stuff I completely forgot I had including armoured cars, trucks jeeps and the like for the pulp games... so every cloud as they say :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Arsenus

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

FierceKitty

Avoid my error of Saturday evening; finished my new Inca slingers for a game on Sunday afternoon, went to spray them with varnish, and found the hard way that I'd picked up my black undercoat spray cannister. :(
   The damage was contained in time, but they were so demoralised that they lost the game anyway.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Go for blue armour - a second unit. Matching is a bugger as I found with my WWI Russians. Since starting them using mixed colours I have now discovered the joys of Vallejo Middlestone, which sort of approximates to the WWI uniform colour much better than Vallejo's Russian uniform, which is the WWII colour.
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 06 December 2011, 11:30:05 AM
... I have now discovered the joys of Vallejo Middlestone

I think a few people have made the same discovery, as sales on that colour have shot up!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

VJ Middlestone..... :)

The medieval bowmen/pikemans friend ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

fred.

Middlestone is also pretty good for WWII German Armour
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Maenoferren

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 06 December 2011, 11:30:05 AM
Go for blue armour - a second unit. .
DP
Strangely enough that was the colur I was thinking of :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leman

Thanks for the medieval tip. Have also used Vallejo Iraqui Sand for pikes.
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!