Armed archeologists and Gangsters !

Started by Sunray, 03 December 2011, 04:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

03 December 2011, 04:52:21 PM Last Edit: 03 December 2011, 05:00:46 PM by Sunray
I was trawling through Pendraken lists looking for suitable figures for British Secret Service types for my Riddle of the Sands game.

Would there be a demand for 10mm versions of the type of figures potrayed in 'Back of Beyond' range by Coppleston casting ?
I love the figure with the Lee Enfield and the one with two Webley revolvers, and whilst I do not recommed plagerism of these into 10mm, the pose and the sculpting captures a genre that could be in games spanning Colonial to WW2.  
Perhaps a Riley-Ace of Spies range, that allows for figures in leather jackets and trench coats.-
A few Twenties era gangsters would also go down well.

I think this reflects that Pendraken 10mm now has the quality of casting for role play as opposed to loads of crude figures on a base.

Any votes ?

Sunray out

Dickie255

Yeah! A good idea and I'll second the request. A set of Victorian/Edwardian figures which could be used as personality types for the colonial era either as commanders, reporters, explorers etc armed with revolvers, sporting rifles or shotguns.

Sunray- the command figure from the Boer War Highland infantry is rather dashing and is armed with revolver (although wearing a pith helmet - not usually worn in Norfolk) and the figure from the WW1 middle east misc. range with binoculars also with worsley helmet but jauntly clad in jodpurs. 

Sunray

Quote from: Dickie255 on 04 December 2011, 08:28:34 AM
Yeah! A good idea and I'll second the request. A set of Victorian/Edwardian figures which could be used as personality types for the colonial era either as commanders, reporters, explorers etc armed with revolvers, sporting rifles or shotguns.

Sunray- the command figure from the Boer War Highland infantry is rather dashing and is armed with revolver (although wearing a pith helmet - not usually worn in Norfolk) and the figure from the WW1 middle east misc. range with binoculars also with worsley helmet but jauntly clad in jodpurs. 

Many thanks for the tracer on where to find these figures.   A few head conversions will be in order - and the GREAT thing about Pendragon - Leon and Dave will cast and deliver "odds" on request. How good is that !

Sunray out

Leon

Quote from: Sunray on 04 December 2011, 08:25:27 PM
...and the GREAT thing about Pendragon...

Whom is this 'Pendragon' of which you speak...?!   ;) :D :D :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Hi Sunray

I'll back you on this one too, I was just sitting down to plan  some command bases and something like this would be very helpful.

I just saw the new ACW command masters and I must admit that the Confedrate standard bearers did strike me as suitable for VBCW  ;D.

Suggestions:-

The officer from the German WW1 sailors has a nice double breasted jacket,  maybe a fedora or trillby sawn off a confedrate figure could make all the difference, of course a wonderful merchant marine officer in his own right, also the officer from the French FPW sailors could be used (in a running position), both armed with pistols.

Using wide brimmed hats from Confederates (unfortunately no pictures on the web site to show which figures would make good head donors) and some of the SCW figures could expand the figures available.

Cheers

Vic/GrumpyOldMan

Sunray

Thanks Vic- some good suggestions here. SUNRAY OUT