Q of the Week - Time travel?

Started by Leon, 14 April 2010, 02:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurley

Yupe that's all we need, some guy on the bayeux tapestry with a fanny pack and camcorder. :) One very cool thing might come of this time travel! Wargamers could get the extract colour on the guys uniform.  Hummm I wonder if Rommel will mind people nipping in to check his order of battle before he fights....anything. Every charge in history will be accompanied by camera flashes.   
warning up salt amounts when talking to this person.

Last Hussar

Quote from: Hurley on 17 April 2010, 12:45:37 PM
One very cool thing might come of this time travel! Wargamers could get the extract colour on the guys uniform.  Hummm I wonder if Rommel will mind people nipping in to check his order of battle before he fights....anything.   
That's just what you want, tourist telling historical figures they've got it wrong.

"You call that scarlet- Its not the right colour for the jacket, and every one knows the 11th were never on that hill"
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

jchaos79

20 April 2010, 12:01:01 AM #17 Last Edit: 20 April 2010, 12:02:54 AM by jchaos79
Maybe I will travel to the island of Lesbos in the greek age... pleanty of semi naked females wearing only short tunics, no violence, good island weather...  with a bit of luck they would exactly look as pendraken amazonian rank of figures... I know there where no war there, but I will enjoy a lot my "time travel" 8)

Leon

Quote from: jchaos79 on 20 April 2010, 12:01:01 AM
Maybe I will travel to the island of Lesbos in the greek age... pleanty of semi naked females wearing only short tunics, no violence, good island weather...  with a bit of luck they would exactly look as pendraken amazonian rank of figures... I know there where no war there, but I will enjoy a lot my "time travel" 8)

Sounds good, but weren't they all lesbians?  Look but don't touch...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

Quote from: Leon on 20 April 2010, 01:52:10 AM
Sounds good, but weren't they all lesbians?  Look but don't touch...

:o :o

17-21l

Mate at my age thats all I can do in anycase- still like a good look though :D :P
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

So when man reaches the near impossible and is able to travel through time, there's just going to be a bunch of perverts watching naked women on an island?!

Genius!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Who's the real pervert - the man who likes looking at naked women, or the one who wants to watch thousands of men die?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 24 April 2010, 06:05:33 PM
Who's the real pervert - the man who likes looking at naked women, or the one who wants to watch thousands of men die?

True, but wargaming involves recreating death, so is that the same as well?  I don't think anyone would want to go back purely to watch people die.

17-21l

agreed- I like to see toy soldiers (HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!!!!) get knocked over and took off the board, or winning ground, but the death thing?? Aye well, let the big boys do that, I know Id rather have a cup of Horlicks ( still produced??) and set my little men back in their box for another adventure soon, dressed in all their finery.  Cant buy figures doing body party-that would put a sadder on the whole event, although I did once have a toy soldier with only one leg....but thats another story! :D :D
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!