War of 1812

Started by privateer, 13 April 2010, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

And, hey presto, in they come at number two in the list.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

lentulus

When you do 1812, do consider a unit I can field as these guys

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/games/museum/5.asp

sultanbev

These are the notes I have on this unit:
"Corps of Provincial Artificers: 38 men in 1812, (black pioneers) "Capt. Runcheys Coy of Coloured Men"
blue jacket+ black facings, round hat, grey pants  (1812-March 1815) "

so unless you are playing one to one skirmish, they aren't really going to figure in a game. In my rules they would make 2 figures just (in 15mm). Although Pendraken will have to do figures in round hats and short jackets anyway, for the Upper Canada Sedentary Militia and some US militia, so you should be able to make the unit.

Mark

Nav

dont forget the highlanders I believe it was the 93rd that served in North America

sultanbev

Aye, 1st battalion in trews and flat hat thingy, rather than kilt and black bonnet.
Although the 2nd battalion served on Newfoundland, and I use them in traditional kilt and bonnet. But only because I had the figures at the time in 15mm. Managed to get the proper 1st/93rd figures from Falcon in 15mm before they went Stateside, but still haven't painted them!

Mark

lentulus

31 July 2012, 02:15:25 AM #36 Last Edit: 31 July 2012, 02:21:06 AM by lentulus
Quote from: sultanbev on 30 July 2012, 08:00:26 PM
These are the notes I have on this unit:
so unless you are playing one to one skirmish, they aren't really going to figure in a game. In my rules they would make 2 figures just (in 15mm).

I have never been one to let a dull reality spoil a good story; and naught wrong with 1:1 skirmish for that matter (or 1:5 which would let them show up a bit).  It was hardly a war of big battalions.

Actually, while Queenston heights would be a big battle at 1:5 it is doable; and I am think it would be grand to paint 1000 figures just to have a black militia company on the table.

sultanbev

The American black units at New Orleans were more of a battalion size, c300 men in one unit I think. Same cut of clothing as well, top hat an all.

We never let reality get in the way either, we have more units at 1:20 for 1812 than existed altogether in one place, I have all the Canadian regulars and about 20 Lower Canada Sedentary Militia. We must have 50 battalions of US regulars between us!

far4ngn

+1 for me for this Period, very interested to give this a go.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!