War of 1812

Started by privateer, 13 April 2010, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

privateer

American and Canadian forces would be good

privateer

Does no one else like War of 1812, most hurt. (and a huff descended and he departed in it)

Leon

Oops, I must have missed this one!  It's something I think a couple of other people have suggested, I know we've had requests for some Canadians.  It could be something we can extend the new Napoleonics into once we get the bulk of the range done.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mike40k

Another vote for war of 1812!

privateer

Mike, I liked your British for Sudan on the TMP 

17-21l

Yes - but no!?? :'( - get the main contenders sorted first. I mean to say it was a bit of a side show to the whole "Napoleonics" thing going on really wasnt it??

Although the British did kick some ass over there didnt they?. Ive read about this war many times and it makes me laugh that claims of victory in the "battle of..bla ..bla.." which really consisted of a couple of small boats on a lake shooting a couple of cannons at each other.

Then again we could burn the whitehouse down again - sod it count me in as a yes  :D :D

Hussar!!!!

God save the Queen
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lentulus

Quote from: 17-21l on 10 May 2010, 03:44:34 PM
side show

Depends where you live, n'est pas?

And where else do you get use both Napoleonic figures and First Nations?

mike40k

Thanks for the kind words Privateer.

I certainly do think 1812 is a conflict worth gaming. Great variety of troops, incompetent commanders on both sides, lots of scenario options and you don't nearly as many figures as you would for the Napoleonic conflicts in Europe.

Though being Canadian I suppose I am somewhat biased...

privateer

I have War of 1812 British, Canadian and American forces for the 1814 Lakes campaign in 25mm. Where else can you get Militia, Regulars, Native Americans, Marines, Rifleman (American), French, Scots, West Indian troops in any combination all wrapped up with forest, farms and Lakes, about the only thing that was not there was Elephants. As to a side show, maybe but to the British it could have been a disaster if they had lost the Canadian part of the Empire.

What would be need to be made

For the British

1812 Shako/Uniform Troops
Light Dragoons
Royal Artillery 1812 Shako/Uniform
Royal Marines

for the Canadian

Glengarry Light Infantry Fencibles
Provincial Corps of Light Infantry (Canadian Voltiguers)
Caldwells Rangers
Militia in civilian clothes

American

Infantry in 1812 Uniform
Infantry in 1813 Uniform
Infantry in 1814 Uniform (Summer and Winter) or (Blue and Grey)
Rifleman in Hunting shirt
Rifleman in 1814 Uniform
US Dragoons
Mounted Rifles
Artillery
Militia (New York and Baltimore)
US Marines
Sailor

the Native American and early British are fine form the Nap Range

lentulus

A few personalities would be nice as well - Brock, de Salaberry, Tecumseh at least.

17-21l

Yes- but its all a bit boring and you wouldnt sell many figures  ;)
God Save the Queen

Leon

Quote from: privateer on 11 May 2010, 03:42:11 AM
I have War of 1812 British, Canadian and American forces for the 1814 Lakes campaign in 25mm. Where else can you get Militia, Regulars, Native Americans, Marines, Rifleman (American), French, Scots, West Indian troops in any combination all wrapped up with forest, farms and Lakes, about the only thing that was not there was Elephants. As to a side show, maybe but to the British it could have been a disaster if they had lost the Canadian part of the Empire.

What would be need to be made

For the British

1812 Shako/Uniform Troops
Light Dragoons
Royal Artillery 1812 Shako/Uniform
Royal Marines

for the Canadian

Glengarry Light Infantry Fencibles
Provincial Corps of Light Infantry (Canadian Voltiguers)
Caldwells Rangers
Militia in civilian clothes

American

Infantry in 1812 Uniform
Infantry in 1813 Uniform
Infantry in 1814 Uniform (Summer and Winter) or (Blue and Grey)
Rifleman in Hunting shirt
Rifleman in 1814 Uniform
US Dragoons
Mounted Rifles
Artillery
Militia (New York and Baltimore)
US Marines
Sailor

the Native American and early British are fine form the Nap Range

Thanks for the info, I'll keep this in mind for once we've got the main Nap range done.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

privateer

Most of the British troops will be done with the main British Napoleonic Group

The 1814 US can be a small Mod of the British post 1812.

the comments around boring is a matter of taste, there are many thing I to find boring but others do not, I will not deride their choices.

At the end of the day, this is a wish list and while I would like to see these items produced I understand that Pendraken will need to make a business discussion around the return on investment.

17-21l

Privateer-mate!- It takes different strokes. I was looking for a wind up - obviously hasnt worked ( darn it!! :D)

I agree 1812 N America would be cool wargamming, all those different troop types- whatever floats your boat.

Ive just been called a boring so and so on another part of this site as Im into 'stuffy' old Napoleonics, so hey ho!

Kep on gaming  ;) :)

God save the Queen
God Save the Queen

Natxo

Another vote for this!

I have allways wanted to paint it in 15mm, but It would be great to do it with bigger 10mm units.