War of 1812

Started by privateer, 13 April 2010, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorvetteK225

Inspired by the updated top 10 requests, I stumbled on to this 1812 request thread. Please count me as voting on this one as well!  ;)

Dave

Leveller Mutineer

Another vote for 1812.

When I was serving in Germany (OK West Germany.  I feel old now), a US serviceman tried to tell me that they had beaten us in that war.  I was just about to explain the error in his knowledge of history, but I was beaten by the Canadian stood behind him.

Come to think of it, it wasn't me that was beaten, he was.

General Bt Sherman

War of 1812 would be great but it's got to be a complete line.
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: 17-21l on 10 May 2010, 03:44:34 PM
Then again we could burn the whitehouse down again - sod it count me in as a yes  :D :D

Hussar!!!!

God save the Queen
Bless the 85L.I.(Bucks Light Inf)- Later the 2/K.S.L.I. My two 'home' units  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Votes added, nice to see the interest in this, could be a viable option in the progression of the Napoleonic range.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You really only need to add the Yanks, inculding a black whitehouse, most of the Brits were peribumbs - so could use the peninsular range.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I shan't be voting for this one; can't stand Tschaikowski.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

vsolfronk

Another plug for War of 1812 troops

Ben Waterhouse

Peritas

sultanbev

I have extensive War of 1812 armies in 15mm, and have done a lot of research into it, and will be releasing new Militia lists for each state in the MicroMark range.
The Osprey MAA319 is very good by the way.

For the Canadians you need:
Upper Canada Sedentary militia in top hats (aka round hat) and part uniform
Upper Canada Sedentary Militia cavalry in top hats and uniform (same figure can be used for Canadian Provincial LD in top hat aka round hat
Canadian Provincial Light Dragoons in Tarleton
Lower Canada militia in wool hats and coats
Caldwells Rangers were only 50 men strong so are not worth making the figure for
Usual infantry in stovepipe shakos for some militia, Canadian regulars, British regulars
Provincial marine which are sailors with pikes and or muskets
Woodland Indians on foot, mostly musket armed
Woodland Indians on horseback (yes, there was one unit of them)

For the Americans you need
uniformed regulars as above, 3 types, 2 artillery types, light dragoons, command

militia cavalry in uniform and tarleton (NY, Virginia) (use British figure)
militia cavalry in hunting shirt, round hat, rifle or musket (western states)
militia cavalry in civilian coat, round hat, musket, some sword and pistols only (western states)
militia cavarly in hunting shirt, low crowned hat aka cowboy hat (western states)
militia cavalry in shako and uniform (Maryland)
militia foot in hunting shirt, low crowned hat, musket or rifle (western states)
militia foot in long coat, regular accruements (backpack, cartridge box, canteen, bayonet) musket,
militia foot in long coat, top hat
militia in uniform coat, top hat (eastern states)
militia in uniform, shako + turban (maryland)
militia riflemen in hunting shirt, plain shako
militia artillery in uniform, bicorne
militia artillery in civilian coat, top hat

US Rangers - foot and mounted figure in hunting shirt, tarleton, musket

I won't mention the Pennsylvania militia cuirassiers yet......

Leon, if you need picture references, contact off forum and I'll send what I have. Militia in low-crowned hat and top could probably use the same figure in 10mm

Mark

Peritas

lentulus

sultanbev has me sold.  That line, I would buy. :D

wargamesbob

YORSTONS

Add my vote please.