Top Tunes!

Started by Leon, 16 November 2011, 06:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I thought we needed a challenger for the Totty thread, so here's the Tunes thread!

Post up anything that takes your fancy, it could be an old classic, something you've just heard, something that brings back memories, or something you like to listen to while you're painting!

:-bd m/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

An old but cool one, which appeared mysteriously on my iPod recently:

An amazing performance at the SuperBowl halftime show:

And a surprisingly good cover of an Adele track:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Last Hussar

I'm not going to embed videos, because I have too many I like to listen to - They are all on You Tube, plus you don't need the videos to appreciate music, just go and bloody listen to them.  Here are just a few

Lovecats - Cure
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Time Goes By - Jimmy Durante
Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Eternity - Robbie Williams (It is perfectly OK for a middle age man to enjoy Robbie Williams SINGING, ok)
Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits (Fell in love for the first time to this one)
Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
O'er the Hills - Traditional
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Traditional
It was a very Good year
One for My Baby
Well did you Evah - Sinatra/Astaire
California Dreaming - Mamas and the Papas
Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright version from Shrek
Mack the Knife
Aint that a kick in the head - Dean Martin
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

FierceKitty

Quote from: Last Hussar on 16 November 2011, 11:25:53 PM
I'm not going to embed videos, because I have too many I like to listen to - They are all on You Tube, plus you don't need the videos to appreciate music, just go and bloody listen to them. 

A man who listens to music instead of watching the visuals? This could kill of the commercial music business!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

goat major

Cue the Modfather

And the Who's opening for Quadrophenia

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

DanJ

lentulus

24 November 2011, 01:36:42 AM #7 Last Edit: 24 November 2011, 02:00:15 AM by lentulus
A bit sappy, but brings me back to a place and time when the world was ahead of me -- and my body worked!

I remember enjoying this when it came out - finally the DJs started playing something at the Saturday night dances at uni that was not drudge-dull disco!

tags no small number of good memories.

And from just after I finished - a boppy love song that's also a anti-war protest.  Its not easy to become a hit in North America and not be in English

Lately, I've been listening to these lads a lot

I have no more French than to read a cereal box, but it reminds me of the "Rock and Reel" and local kinda-Irish and Acadian that was big here when I was a young fellow.

And while this is about far more than winter, it is a good meditation fro the first blizzard of the season.

Techno

Coo...

What an eclectic list so far.
I'm not going to embed vids either.....'Fraid I just listen too !....(and I don't have the savvy to post vids.....Stroll on I've only just learned to post pics....and that's being a pain at the moment on photobucket !.....I must be the luckiest person on earth there....I ALWAYS seem to be the 100,000th visitor of the day !)

Rock and Roll & Stairway - Zep.
Industrial disease - Dire Straits.
The last domino - Genesis.
Get organized - Boston.
Karn evil 9 - ELP.
Green grass and high tides - Outlaws
Highway song - Blackfoot
Fly from here - Yes
Heroes (live) - Bowie

I'll give up now.....there are hundreds more !

Cheers - Phil.

Raider4

Quote from: Last Hussar on 16 November 2011, 11:25:53 PM
Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright version from Shrek

The one you hear while watching the movie is by John Cale, and is the version against which all other versions pale by comparison.

The Rufus Wainwright version (which I've not heard) is on the soundtrack due to some rights problem.

As for me, I'm currently alternating between Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, The Who's Tommy, and a folder full of 80's stuff (The Cure, Mission, Cult, Sisters Of Mercy, Damned, Adam & the Ants, and other slightly 'alternative' poppy stuff) on random play.

Cheers, Martyn
--

Leon

I think Stairway deserves a little embedding:

Nosher

24 November 2011, 10:57:37 AM #11 Last Edit: 24 November 2011, 11:54:46 AM by Leon
Weller & Winehouse - Heard it through the grapevine

Winehouse - Monkeyman

Weller & Craddock - Wishing on a Star

The Jam - Town Called Malice

The Cure - Friday I'm in Love

The Housemartins - Anxious

The Beautiful South - 36D

The Smiths - headmaster Ritual

The Farm - Groovy Train

Shaun Ryder - Happy Mondays

The Prodigy - Firestarter

Underworld - Born Slippy

EDIT: Vid's embedded.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

goat major

Nosher wins the good taste award so far !!! 8)
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Rob

Simply the best tune ever made. This is one of those tunes you just have to keep turning up till the blood starts oosing form your ears.

LUVVELY

Last Hussar

24 November 2011, 11:16:23 PM #14 Last Edit: 24 November 2011, 11:26:49 PM by Last Hussar
The song I first fell in love too. Still brings a tear to my eye after 25 years

I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry