Chinese to fight against Samurai

Started by FierceKitty, 10 April 2010, 04:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Am I alone in coveting a Ming Chinese army to fight against Hideyoshi's invasion? Several maker's have usable Sung armies, but I'm thinking of handgunners, trident-armed foot, wheelbarrow rocket launchers, swordsmen, guardsmen with axes, Tibetan cataphracts, Korean horse....I can't believe there aren't other enthusiasts out there.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

clibinarium

FierceKitty

By the way, I'm not illiterate: that apostrophe in my previous post was a typo!

Leon

I've added all those, but it's always helpful to have a designer interested!   ;D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

clibinarium

The big problem with the Ming dynasty Chinese is that they are very poorly documented in the West. I imagine there is a lot of available material in China itself, but its a question of how to get at it. the other problem with not being famiiar with the source material is in knowing how reliable reconstructions you might see are; sometimes they appear to owe more to heroic notions than to history. I am not saying this is a Chinese issue, it happens here too, its just that we can spot the made up stuff in say, Roman depictions, because we are more familiar with the sources.

Leon

We've got a customer who works in a University in China, I could always try asking him for information if and when it was needed.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

There's more than there once was. That China History forum online is a start, and the Osprey books include some information and pictures from Chinese military manuals (esp. the last two in the "Imperial Chinese Armies" series).
   Of course, the Aztecs and Tlaxcalan are more urgent....

Uesugi Kenshin

I 100% agree that we need Ming Chinese, but I think the Koreans should be done first!  ;)

zaapark

Koreans first, sounds good to me.

chris
chris