Indian mutiny and/or sikh wars?

Started by Arrigo, 20 October 2011, 06:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrigo

I feel these two periods are:

a) underepresented

b) quite good for 10mm gaming, especially the sikh wars where you have tow regular european trained forces (the EIC and the Shiks) plus lost of irregular stuff.

Arrigo

Bertie

Sounds like a good project. Count me in.

Bertie

nikharwood

This period has come up in discussion with the Minehead crew as well so there's a few more votes  8)

Peritas

Nosher

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

jems

Leman

Welcome Arrigo. Indian Mutiny is a must really. The Sikhs and the Afghans (1st War) would also give a good game. There are some bell top shako infantry in the 1st Schleswig War range.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Mesius

I would love to see a Sikh wars range.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Dave

Quote from: Arrigo on 20 October 2011, 06:31:49 PM
I feel these two periods are:

a) underepresented

b) quite good for 10mm gaming, especially the sikh wars where you have tow regular european trained forces (the EIC and the Shiks) plus lost of irregular stuff.

Arrigo

I do have some masters for the indian mutiny, Indian irregular foot.

Dave

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chris Pringle

Arrigo, I can confirm that the Sikh Wars are good for gaming. We've been doing this in 6mm but 10mm would obviously work just as well. Dr Mark Smith has been compiling a set of scenarios for use with the BBB rules. I've posted a couple of reports of these on my blog.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/

mike40k

So since there has been interest in an Indian Mutiny line for a number of years, and it's number 1 on the request list....will we see it anytime soon? :P

Bill Braham

There is the possibility of some crossover between the Mutiny and Sikh Wars - HEIC uniformed troops will serve both as mutineers and in the Sikh Wars. Likewise bdmashes and the dross of the bazaar can equally be used in both. To be sure there would need to be specific codes for British forces suitable for Sikh Wars OR Mutiny and likewise the Khalsa would need its own set of codes. This the two concepts are not entirely exclusive but the ranges would need to be conceived in tandem irrespective the order in which they were sculpted.

FierceKitty

Bill, that was a grammatical and logically structured paragraph. Are you sure this forum is the right place for you? One typo, in an attempt to fit in, just won't do.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.