Show: Warfare, Reading

Started by Leon, 15 October 2011, 05:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

The Warfare show is our last journey down south for the year, and we'll be needing any pre-orders in before Saturday 12th November please!  For more info on the show, check the Wargames Association of Reading website: http://www.wargamesassociationreading.co.uk/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Thanks for the reminder Leon. I'm going to that one as its in my brother's neck of the woods.
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

...and I'll be going along because I promised Andymac a coffee!

I'm putting an order in too, will be manning the Timecast stall with Barrie and Mark on the Saturday, so will be picking up then, now where did I put that piece of paper with my shopping list on?!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Cool, be good to see everyone!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

Umm, slightly bizarre question time!

Anyone know I might fare with a double-buggy round this one?  Thought I might bring the twins out for their first exposure to the wonderful world of miniature gaming ;)

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The aisles are wide, and in quiet times you should have no troubles, but at busy times it tends to be packed with wandering herds of bloated, corpulant wildebeasts, ripe for the lions to sieze on them sorry, wargamers looking to spend money with traders! Might be best to avoid busy times like lunch and between game 2 & 3 Saturday when the 'gamers' mill about, Sunday also tends to be quieter...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Serotonin

Will be spending the day there tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Steve J

If you get chance Chris, pop by and say hello as it would be good to meet up and have a chat. Craig and I will be there as Double Six gamers.

Serotonin

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 14 November 2011, 11:02:09 AM
The aisles are wide, and in quiet times you should have no troubles, but at busy times it tends to be packed with wandering herds of bloated, corpulant wildebeasts, ripe for the lions to sieze on them sorry, wargamers looking to spend money with traders! Might be best to avoid busy times like lunch and between game 2 & 3 Saturday when the 'gamers' mill about, Sunday also tends to be quieter...

Thanks for the info lemmey.

In the end my wife decided she couldn't face trying to control a 2.5yo and the twins round Reading just so I could show them off to Leon for 5 minutes  ;)

On the one hand this was a mistake because we discovered the entry was £4 each or £4 for a family ticket (mum, dad and as many U16s as you could herd safely!) when we got there; on the other, the trading floor seemed exceptionally cramped and I'm not sure even our slender 2-seater would have been too welcome!  The Pendraken stand was rather of rather minimal dimensions when compared to the full majesty on display at Salute or Colours.

The gaming floor was absolutely sweltering!  This may have been due to it being the bowling arena so was designed with thermodynamics more suited to a few dozen slow moving geriatrics rather than several gross of over-thinking wargamers...  ;)  Anyway, some good stuff on display, but a lot of it was repeated from previous shows. 

All in all a really nice day.  Got in a quick chat with Leon just after we arrived; there was a really nice, friendly, relaxed atmosphere; everything being on one floor in close proximity helped when dealing with the effects of a Fruit Shoot on my 6yo's bladder without having to traipse half a mile to find loos...  =)

So, next year, I think I'll take the clan!!  :-bd

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leon

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 19 November 2011, 09:36:15 PM
In the end my wife decided she couldn't face trying to control a 2.5yo and the twins round Reading just so I could show them off to Leon for 5 minutes  ;)

On the one hand this was a mistake because we discovered the entry was £4 each or £4 for a family ticket (mum, dad and as many U16s as you could herd safely!) when we got there; on the other, the trading floor seemed exceptionally cramped and I'm not sure even our slender 2-seater would have been too welcome!  The Pendraken stand was rather of rather minimal dimensions when compared to the full majesty on display at Salute or Colours.

The gaming floor was absolutely sweltering!  This may have been due to it being the bowling arena so was designed with thermodynamics more suited to a few dozen slow moving geriatrics rather than several gross of over-thinking wargamers...  ;)  Anyway, some good stuff on display, but a lot of it was repeated from previous shows. 

All in all a really nice day.  Got in a quick chat with Leon just after we arrived; there was a really nice, friendly, relaxed atmosphere; everything being on one floor in close proximity helped when dealing with the effects of a Fruit Shoot on my 6yo's bladder without having to traipse half a mile to find loos...  =)

Good to see you!  The stand was a bit more cramped than last year, not really sure why, but we'll be moving up to an 18ft for next year hopefully.  The gaming room was OK, but as you say, very warm, and it was tricky getting into some of the games for photo's without feeling like I was getting in people's way.