Infiltration: First Contact: FWC Sci-fi

Started by nikharwood, 13 October 2011, 12:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Alert! With motion sensors blaring warnings through the processing outpost, troopers stand-to:

Nosher

You know whats coming next....

In space no-one can hear you scream ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Especially when Mrs Nik see what he's done to the internal of her washing machine motor!  ;)

Seriously - look good so far. Where are the sentry drone guns, placed ahead of the combat force?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 13 October 2011, 08:40:15 AM
Especially when Mrs Nik see what he's done to the internal of her washing machine motor!  ;)

Haha, I was thinking something similar, or that Nik's been raiding the plumbling shelves at his local B&Q!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

It's amazing what you accumulate over the years if you try hard enough  ;)

I just need to [at some point] find the time to sort these properly [as Michael from Angel Barracks has done with his Fruit Shoot & Laptop keyboard base] rather than keeping them in a box & bunging them on-table!

Anyway, these are some teaser pics - hoping to get a chance to fight this one out over the weekend...

Quote from: Nosher on 13 October 2011, 08:12:33 AM
In space no-one can hear you scream ;)

Nosher

LOL  ;D

I'd quite happily be shot into space if all astronauts were that pretty :-[
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

The troopers stand alert, peering into the murky twilight:

...and as the motion sensors start picking up movement, they see shapes ahead:

The troopers wait until the hissing aliens come within short range & open up to good effect - the light tanks & the IFVs bringing their fire to bear:

The aliens screech forward:

On the left flank, troopers remain steady & open up with opportunity fire at the onrushing beasts:

On the right flank, more aliens approach the compound:

The first contact with the IFV sees the aliens rip through it like the proverbial hot knife...and the bugs rush onwards, slamming into the desperate troopers:

...who manage to force them back:

Further intense firing takes out more of the seething monstrosities:

...but they're relentless - and fast:

Fast and furious combat tears apart more vehicles:

Aliens consolidate into combat:

...and quickly overrun - they're in!

Game over, man...game over.

All your bases are belong to us:

Leon

Awesome, great looking scrap there!

And I've got a great new thread to send people to for SciFi pics!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Nice little scrap you had there amigo 8). I love the alien creatures and will get these in the future for some FWC action.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Kassad

Great battle report. Against Aliens resistance is vain.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jchaos79

Great bug hunt  or should I say... great human hunt!

Do you use future commander rulesets?

It is always a really pleasure to see 10mm sci fi figures in action!

nikharwood

Glad you've enjoyed this one - thought it'd be nice to have a scrap which didn't feature the Colonial Marines! This was a fascinating one as well because the first half of the battle went overwhelmingly in favour of the humans - only for that to be completely overturned once the bugs got into melee in equal-ish numbers...scary beasties!

Quote from: jchaos79 on 18 October 2011, 05:49:02 PM
Do you use future commander rulesets?

Yes - these were played with FWC lists [HoF for troopers & Bug Colony for Aliens] - nosher's Aliens variants are much better though IMHO when you're looking to recreate the films etc...