English Civil War: Capture the Guns!

Started by nikharwood, 09 April 2010, 11:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixsideddice

okay, you totally persuaded me....  ordered my first couple of ECW complete army packs (plus a few extra essentials) no doubt, flying their way to me even now  ;D

hehe

What could I do, I`m powerless to resist the amazing photos I`ve seen on Flickr  ::)

I`ve been pulling out all my pile of books on the subject and reading them again avidly; its like Christmas come early.

Cheers for the encouragement.

Steve.

nikharwood

Excellent - looking forward to seeing some pics  :)

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: sixsideddice on 13 May 2010, 02:51:23 AM
I`ve been pulling out all my pile of books on the subject and reading them again avidly; its like Christmas come early.

Cheers for the encouragement.

Steve.

Sweet Jesus... I'm feeling similar vibes as Steve..

Aaargh!! Wargamania! Does it ever stop??  :o
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Jagger

I am slowly getting there.  I now have  completed 6 infantry regiments, (2 red, 2 blue, 1 green and 1 white), 1 dismounted musketeer, 2 cavalry regiments and 2 artillery guns.  But still a long way to go.

nikharwood

Jagger

21 May 2010, 05:37:25 AM #35 Last Edit: 21 May 2010, 05:39:44 AM by Jagger
I just send some photos out to some friends.  I got these ECW second hand and some are repainted and some straight from primer.   The cavalry is Old Glory but everything else Pendraken.  I just ordered 3 bags of Pendraken Cavalry.  Hopefully they will mix reasonably well with the Old Glory cavalry.  Some of the bases still need some finishing and no flags yet.  Also I based the artillery with only 2 figures per gun but I think I probably have the third figure available somewhere.  If I can find the commander, I will rebase the artillery with the third guy.  Overall, I am very pleased with the way they have turned out so far.   But it will be another couple weeks or so before I can get back to them.  I am temporarily diverted by some AWI and Republican Romans for a couple weeks.

I think I am going to try out For Parliment, King or Glory rules by David Marks.  I just downloaded them a week or two back and they look interesting.  Free download.  I also want to try out the Perfect Captain's a Very Civile Action rules

nikharwood

They look good Jagger  8)

How's anyone else coming along with their ECW? I've been prompted to ask as I've just set up a nice Modern British Civil War [c1987 or so] on my table for a solo-scarp at some point  ;D

Blaker

Nikster, the photos and Batrep are awesome! I have some ECW sitting on the paint table that need to be painted, looks like a huge mass of Pendraken Scots!

Might have been asked before but I dont seem to find it, so Nik, what did you use to make your crops rows and looks like wheat/corn fields?

thanks, now we just need Leon to provide those elusive pic he has from his former employer  ;D

cya

nikharwood

Quote from: Blaker on 19 August 2010, 07:25:37 PM
Nikster, the photos and Batrep are awesome! I have some ECW sitting on the paint table that need to be painted, looks like a huge mass of Pendraken Scots!

Might have been asked before but I dont seem to find it, so Nik, what did you use to make your crops rows and looks like wheat/corn fields?

thanks, now we just need Leon to provide those elusive pic he has from his former employer  ;D

cya

Thanks Blake - the corn fields are cut-up doormats - nice, simple & cheap: I got mine I think for about £3 or so in one of those discount hardware shops (Wilkinson's in the UK) years ago...they're great

Blaker

Thanks Nik, will look for them for the corn fields. What about the rows in the field, same thing just a different doormat?

nikharwood

Yep- those are even cheaper! They were from the Tesco value range for £0.99 each...and are sort of ribbed in an almost corduroy way [if that makes sense]; they came in a whole load of colours...I've given some of mine a quick drybrush just to lift them a bit but they make for great ploughed fields.