It's Fantasy all the way...

Started by O Dinas Powys, 28 September 2011, 04:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Dinas Powys

The pace is going to be glacial, but I've decided to start a diary to help motivate me to get some stuff done.  Here's some of the task based and undercoated:

Comprising:
AI11 Ancient Indian Forest tribesmen
DNP5 'Domain of the Drow'
DNP6 'The Goblin Stronghold'
Fantasy Heroes from DNP7 Heroes Booster, plus others
3x AC31 Unicorns and an AC32 Pegasus

There are other bits and pieces in various states of preparedness, but this is my first big block.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Horde of Things

These are almost ready, just got to sort the eyes and figure out suitable bases. 

I decided to base the colour scheme on that of a Cassowary becasue they looked vaguely avian befoer I started.  Probably some form of featherd dinosaur!  One adult male, one sub-adult male and four females.  They're a bit darker in ral life.

Leon

I like the 'Things'!  I'll have to get them added to the catalogue at some point.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 28 September 2011, 04:36:31 PM
I like the 'Things'!  I'll have to get them added to the catalogue at some point.

Thanks Leon, definitely characterful little chaps ;)

Think I need to zoom out a bit on with the camera though.  I’ve been going a bit OTT since I found the Macro settings!  :-\

Leon

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 28 September 2011, 10:46:08 PM
I’ve been going a bit OTT since I found the Macro settings!  :-\

:D

I've just got a new one this week, with a 'Super Macro' feature which I'm quite daunted by... so expect some Extreme Close-Up pics from the Derby show this weekend!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 28 September 2011, 11:15:13 PM
:D

I've just got a new one this week, with a 'Super Macro' feature which I'm quite daunted by... so expect some Extreme Close-Up pics from the Derby show this weekend!

Cool, looking forward to seeing the whites of their eyes  8)

O Dinas Powys

14 September 2012, 10:26:05 PM #6 Last Edit: 14 September 2012, 10:45:28 PM by O Dinas Powys
A Fungus Forest!

So, inspired by Steve J's "A Tale of Four Gamers" thread - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,5917.0.html - I decided to shoehorn some painting time into my life.  Since I'm almost exclusively into fantasy RPGs I've decided to morph the basic idea of a Warhammer unit each month into an encounter/area each month.

Further inspiration provided by Maxwell's pictures - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4524.0.html - of Germy's fantastic pasta plants http://www.germy.co.uk/pastaplants.html

Always loved Fungus Forests, probably inspired by Erol Otus artwork in old D&D modules or something!

So, here they are primed and ready to go:

Back Row: I think I've had the resin giant mushrooms for the best part of 20 years, possibly Grendel Miniatures!
Second Row: Germy's marvellous pasta plants, here appearing as trumpet fungi.
Pendraken goodness: DN12 Giant fungus; DN38 Funguy; AC22 Pixies with large sword.

Cheers!

Meirion

O Dinas Powys

14 September 2012, 10:31:42 PM #7 Last Edit: 14 September 2012, 10:45:40 PM by O Dinas Powys
Extreme close up of the denizens!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

14 September 2012, 10:36:42 PM #9 Last Edit: 14 September 2012, 10:45:49 PM by O Dinas Powys
My natural inclination would be BLACK, but after a search of trumpet fungus decided to go for something a bit brighter!

The outsides will eventually be creamy white  :D

O Dinas Powys

14 September 2012, 10:37:29 PM #10 Last Edit: 14 September 2012, 10:46:01 PM by O Dinas Powys
Going green:

O Dinas Powys

14 September 2012, 10:41:34 PM #11 Last Edit: 14 September 2012, 10:46:09 PM by O Dinas Powys
Many things base-coated, some DN1 Grubs have decided to take up residence.  Painted these up over a year ago and wasn't really keen in them.  However, I think they'll fit in nicely!

O Dinas Powys

14 September 2012, 10:42:46 PM #12 Last Edit: 14 September 2012, 10:46:19 PM by O Dinas Powys
Goblin Green highlights!

nikharwood

far4ngn