'First Look' pics of the new ACW range!

Started by Leon, 15 September 2011, 03:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Having had another look at the photos of figures already in the range there appear to be figures listed as marching, some of which are at right shoulder shift and some at left shoulder shift. I stand ready to be corrected on this.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nav

yes they are at the right shoulder shift but they could be add ons to complement the ones already at right shoulder shift in the present range

Leon

I've had a check round a few references, and the pose seems to be depicted in a few varieties from marching to almost running.  The position of the rifle looks to be correct:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

I watched that video clip and found it very interesting. So now I've learnt that it's about the position of the musket on the shoulder that defines it. Thanks for clearing that up Leon.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 04 April 2013, 12:44:55 PM
I watched that video clip and found it very interesting. So now I've learnt that it's about the position of the musket on the shoulder that defines it. Thanks for clearing that up Leon.

8)  Keeps me on my toes and learning something myself!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

CATenWolde

Talk about listening to the customers! This is a great addition, and really tops off what is already an excellent range.

Will you just be adding these to the mix of the current marching packs, or creating a "right shoulder" pack, or ...?

Cheers,

Christopher

Hertsblue

This is all very well on a parade ground but how often would it have been used in the field? On a long march it's easier to have it on a shoulder sling or carry it at the trail. Advancing into action you would want it in both hands surely?  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

CATenWolde

Nope - right shoulder shift is by far the most common position for battlefield maneuver in the ACW, in fact almost universal.

Leon

Quote from: CATenWolde on 08 April 2013, 07:43:17 AM
Will you just be adding these to the mix of the current marching packs, or creating a "right shoulder" pack, or ...?

The four poses will be split into two new codes, one with kepi and one with slouch hat.  Not sure yet whether to do them in packs of 15's or 30's?  What would folk's preference be?

:-\

CATenWolde

Well, in the best of all worlds ... the two right shoulder poses from the mixed pack would be combined with the new sculpts to make a new pack with 4 pose variations (or rather two new packs, one kepi and one hat).

However, I know that the realities of the mold processing and so on probably dictate against that. I can't see any situation where I would want to order less than a whole pack of 30. Even if people are mixing them with the existing packs, they can just order whatever mix they want.