'First Look' pics of the new ACW range!

Started by Leon, 15 September 2011, 03:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

privateer

Hello Leon

The Figure marked with the red X what is he? a Sergeant, Bulger ?

I am thinking of using the new ACW Zouaves in fez for my FPW Zouaves. When you release the ones in Turbans I will use those for my Turcos (add a spot of difference) and will make the Regiments very distinctive with 4 poses per line.  Have a lot of the FPW Zouaves/Turcos which will become something I don't think about  though

Thanks

David

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looks like he's at the march with rifle slung over his shoulder?
I am planning to use Turbaned ACW Zouaves for the 1870 French guard zouaves as they are the closest match
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: privateer on 27 July 2012, 06:31:08 AM
The Figure marked with the red X what is he? a Sergeant, Bulger ?

I'm fairly sure he's a bugler.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They're just blowing their own trumpet!  :P
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lentulus

Quote from: general_btsherman on 15 September 2011, 05:59:35 PM

I've read you blog entries about buildings, roads, trees etc; but how did you construct the lovely topography of that table?

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: lentulus on 01 August 2012, 02:17:08 PM
I've read you blog entries about buildings, roads, trees etc; but how did you construct the lovely topography of that table?

Very simple, I used a lot of towels under the mat. Thanks for reading my blog.

Bryan
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

It's been far too long since we showed off some sneaky peeks of what's coming soon, so here's some pics of the latest batch of masters we've received.  This month we've got the siege mortar and crew for the new ACW range:

This one will come with the crew pictured, and then others can be added from the various artillery crew codes to people's own preferences.

And we've also got the wagon through.  This one obviously looks a bit better with the wheels and axle attached, but just to give you an idea:

These ones will be off into a plastic master, so estimated release dates would be either October or November I'd think.

Hope you like them!

8)

Bernie

Excellent looking siege mortar - when can we order?

Leon

Quote from: Bernie on 16 August 2012, 08:23:07 AM
...when can we order?

Quote from: Leon on 16 August 2012, 04:56:01 AM
These ones will be off into a plastic master, so estimated release dates would be either October or November I'd think.

:D

robert

That is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put - Winston Churchill

maciek

I learned quite recently, that gunners didn't ride the limbers but walked along the gun (apart of the horse artillery).
So I would suggest to do two or three generic gunners - one in kepi, another in hat, but all in shell jackets simply walking with empty hands ...
AFAIK nobody does this pose and ubiquitous "limber riders" make false impression that artillery could move faster than infantry.

What do you think ?
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: maciek on 16 August 2012, 09:19:02 PM
I learned quite recently, that gunners didn't ride the limbers but walked along the gun (apart of the horse artillery).
So I would suggest to do two or three generic gunners - one in kepi, another in hat, but all in shell jackets simply walking with empty hands ...
AFAIK nobody does this pose and ubiquitous "limber riders" make false impression that artillery could move faster than infantry.

What do you think ?

We've got the limbers through, with a pair of limber riders and then two separate gunners, one walking, one mounted.  We can always add more if people require them further down the line.

robert

Very simple, I used a lot of towels under the mat - Bryan (aka General B T Sherman)

it is the simple ideas that are often so effective - in all my years of wargaming I have never seen or thought of this (more fool me) - books yes but towels - brilliant

Apologies to all who regard this is common knowledge - it's a eureka moment for me - thank you Bryan
That is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put - Winston Churchill