'First Look' pics of the new ACW range!

Started by Leon, 15 September 2011, 03:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImUrDentist

Nice to hear that there will be a new ACW range. I just might have found my next project!

@general_btsherman:
Very cool display! Any chance of some more pics? Where did you get that log cabin from? I want one for my AWI gaming.

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: ImUrDentist on 16 September 2011, 06:13:27 AM
Nice to hear that there will be a new ACW range. I just might have found my next project!

@general_btsherman:
Very cool display! Any chance of some more pics? Where did you get that log cabin from? I want one for my AWI gaming.

Yes, I’m slowly working on getting the images uploaded to my site.

The buildings are very nice and they would work well with AWI. Here is a link to a review that I did on them.
http://btsherman.6sided.net/2011/06/23/review-n-scale-early-american-structures-from-jerry%e2%80%99s-hobby-junction/
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Chad

Leon

Do these 'surprises' include anything else for the 19th C ranges? I am looking to place an order for Derby.

Chad

Leon

Quote from: Chad on 16 September 2011, 02:15:45 PM
Do these 'surprises' include anything else for the 19th C ranges? I am looking to place an order for Derby.

Not at the moment! 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

One word...

Buggrit.

Just when I was thinking of digging out my amalgam OG & Pendraken ACW armies for a quick scrap tomorrow, you have to go & taunt me with this forthcoming temptation...

Anyone want to buy some almalgam OG & Pendraken ACW armies?  ;) ;D

kippax

Are they done yet ! are they done yet ! are they done yet ! are they done yet ! are they done yet ! are they done yet ! are they done yet !  :-bd
"Stupid Boy"

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Urbinoprince

ADVANCING: They are quite appropriate for the US Armies of Potomac and CUMBERLAND/OHIO. They have kepis and knapsacks. However, the bummer hat or hardee hat and blanket are more appropriate to the US Army of Tennessee, especially the Vicksburg and Atlanta Campaigns. The same have a less uniformed-immaculate dress march look.
1. I do not like how the bayonet is still on a musket-rifle that he is loading and it looks disproportionate.
2. The kneeling pose is great but not everyone wants or needs it. :-bd

Urbinoprince

ADVANCING & FIRING:
Fourth and second figures respectively give an optical illusion of being fatter and not conforming to the dimensions of other figures. I realize that it is a matter of taste. However, this is more of a problem with the figure that has a leg up in the air. One side of me says they are ok figures but another says no, especially in considering a new range. Many do not like the running or charging poses if in more than one in a unit. Players generally don't like running charge poses.  Otherwise they are nice poses.   

Just a few thoughts...

Leon

Thanks for the feedback, first off!   8)

Remember that these are essentially dollies, which will be moulded and sent back to the designer.  The 12 poses will then be converted to have slouch hats, blanket rolls, no bayonets, etc, etc.  This will provide a huge number of different figures which can be used in a variety of ways.

Quote from: Urbinoprince on 21 September 2011, 06:56:24 PM
1. I do not like how the bayonet is still on a musket-rifle that he is loading and it looks disproportionate.
2. The kneeling pose is great but not everyone wants or needs it. :-bd

1. The bayonet can be clipped off easily enough, but they need to be kept on until the final figures are sculpted, at which point they can be removed if needed.
2. I'd expect there to be 6-8 of that pose in the final pack probably, but we could leave it out if people didn't want it.

Quote from: Urbinoprince on 21 September 2011, 07:09:03 PM
Fourth and second figures respectively give an optical illusion of being fatter and not conforming to the dimensions of other figures. I realize that it is a matter of taste. However, this is more of a problem with the figure that has a leg up in the air. One side of me says they are ok figures but another says no, especially in considering a new range. Many do not like the running or charging poses if in more than one in a unit. Players generally don't like running charge poses.  Otherwise they are nice poses.   

The dimensions of the figures are all the same, it's probably just the angle of the photo I think.  As with the kneeling pose above, there would only 6-8 of the running pose in a pack, and we could leave them out if people requested it.

8)

maciek

Please, do separate packs of confederates in short jackets.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dunnadd

27 September 2011, 02:39:15 AM #26 Last Edit: 27 September 2011, 02:43:17 AM by Dunnadd
They're excellent for what they're meant to be, but 19th century stuff is so 19th century. When will people start living now in the real world by making more fantasy miniatures. You're living in the past people. Stop living in the past  - or else live much further in the past by making more medievals and ancients. 19th century? That's practically yesterday ;)

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

We showed you the first 8 Union figures last month, and this time around we've got another 4 Union, plus the full 12 Confederate poses.  As mentioned previously, these will be mastered up and sent back to the designer for him to convert into various troop types.  We're also working on the full range list at the moment, so we'll be checking on which of the requests should be included in this new range.

Union Inf, marching:

Confed Inf, firing:

Confed Inf, advancing:

Confed Inf, marching:

Hope you like them!

8)

Steve J