'First Look' pics of the new ACW range!

Started by Leon, 15 September 2011, 03:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaker

Howdy Derek,

Pendraken already has Officer waving sword in kepi and hat in their command back. Ther are men reloading their muskets in their Firing Line packs and they used to make ammo crates from their older range I think it was ACW54. Don't think they are available, however in their WW2 German range they have a Boxes and Crates.

Shoot Leon an email about your needs and see what can be worked out  ;)

Martyn

Hi Leon
Very nicely done and rekindled an interest in ACW. Are you going to be selling the artillery crews and guns separately. Just thinking it would be nice to mix the crew figures?

regards

Martyn

Leon

Not sure yet, we were thinking about offering each gun with an A or B option for the different crews.  If we convert them both into the opposite hats as asked above, then we'd probably split the crews and guns into their own codes instead.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Syr Hobbs

I would like to see "in slouch hats and kepis" as well as damaged battery/caissons etc would be a real treat.

July is almost here and my birthday on the 11th of July.  My wife has asked what I want for my birthday so . . .   as soon as there is a code and price list available for all of the New ACW packs please let us know and I'll put together my wish list.  (even if they arrive after my birthday)  :D 

Duane

Leon

30 June 2012, 01:22:37 AM #139 Last Edit: 30 June 2012, 01:30:15 AM by Leon
Just a quick question on the artillery, we're going to code the guns and crews separately for ease of ordering, what kind of quantities per pack would people want?  

- 5 guns per pack, and crews in packs of 20?
- 4 guns per pack, and crews in packs of 16?
- 3 guns per pack, and crews in packs of 12?

:-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

30 June 2012, 01:25:20 AM #140 Last Edit: 30 June 2012, 01:27:36 AM by Leon
I've not got a pic of these assembled yet as they went straight into a mould, but here's a quick pic of the different barrels we've got, along with the carriage.  For anyone who's interested, the wheels will be the same ones used on the FPW 12lb'er gun.

(and just in case anyone can't read the designer's handwriting:
- 3" Ordnance
- 12pdr Napoleon
- 10pdr Parrot
- 20pdr Parrot
- Whitworth 12pdr
- 12pdr Howitzer)

8)

Jagger

IIRC, artillery battalions and brigades were standardized in 62 or 63.  Organizing the packages to allow one or two packs to build a battalion or brigade would work nicely.  Just did a quick google and Union artillery brigades were typically composed of 5 batteries.  Looks like CSA artillery battalions were composed of 3-5 batteries.  Union batteries were composed of 6 guns and CSA batteries of 4 guns. 

Perhaps allow purchases of both 3 guns with 12 crew and 5 guns with 20 crew? 

robert

Ill go with the flow but personally would prefer round numbers

4 guns 16 crew
That is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put - Winston Churchill

Leon

We've just got this month's package through from the designer, so just to tease everyone, I thought I'd make a post without any pictures...

In this batch we've got the limbers, siege mortars, and the second lot of Generals!

Syr Hobbs

Oh sweet!  seige mortars and more Generals, Oh my! 

any chance to that you might do some wrecked limbers and guns in the future? 

Duane

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: Syr Hobbs on 19 July 2012, 10:08:01 PM
Oh sweet!  seige mortars and more Generals, Oh my! 

any chance to that you might do some wrecked limbers and guns in the future? 

Duane

Duane,
Why not wreck them yourself. That’s what I was planning to do. 

Bryan
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: Leon on 19 July 2012, 09:09:17 PM
We've just got this month's package through from the designer, so just to tease everyone, I thought I'd make a post without any pictures...

In this batch we've got the limbers, siege mortars, and the second lot of Generals!

Leon
You have my attention.
Wargame or Die!

Syr Hobbs

Yea your right I was considering that.  Just feeling lazy.  I'm sure with your talent Bryan you will have no problem.  It just exciting to be part of a new range from the get go.

I was just outside painting horses without riders but it was getting late and not enough sunlight.  The down side there are just soooo many of them to do.  :o 

Duane

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: Syr Hobbs on 20 July 2012, 02:56:33 AM
Yea your right I was considering that.  Just feeling lazy.  I'm sure with your talent Bryan you will have no problem.  It just exciting to be part of a new range from the get go.

I was just outside painting horses without riders but it was getting late and not enough sunlight.  The down side there are just soooo many of them to do.  :o 

Duane

I feel your pain.
Wargame or Die!

Syr Hobbs

Just reread the entire thread looking at all of the great figures yet to come.  Wow!  Can you tell I can't wait.  LOL

Almost forgot, is one of the Union Cavalry men carrying a bugle?

Duane