Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
28 November 2020, 02:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Peninsular Napoleonic project is complete, updates coming soon!
310804 Posts in 18057 Topics by 2269 Members
Latest Member: BKC Grenadier
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Fantasy/Sci-Fi Requests
| | | |-+  armed & armoured werewolves /wolfmen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: armed & armoured werewolves /wolfmen  (Read 8645 times)
Dunnadd
Captain

« on: 01 September 2011, 11:54:56 PM »

How about wolfmen or werewolves with swords and shields and chain shirts? They could double as some of the beastmen for a chaos army
Arsenus
Major

« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2011, 06:38:14 AM »

+1

Awesome idea!

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/
ianrs54
Playtester
General

« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2011, 09:30:25 AM »

Nice idea.

IanS

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY

Muppet of the year 2019, and 2020
Dunnadd
Captain

« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2011, 03:18:57 AM »

p.s could also double as the gnolls some people in the main fantasy requests thread asked for - on 10mm scale a gnoll and an armoured and armed werewolf are going to look pretty much the same
nikharwood
General

« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2011, 11:22:56 PM »

p.s could also double as the gnolls some people in the main fantasy requests thread asked for - on 10mm scale a gnoll and an armoured and armed werewolf are going to look pretty much the same
How about wolfmen or werewolves with swords and shields and chain shirts? They could double as some of the beastmen for a chaos army

You're absolutely right on both points...I'm in  Cool

KOVAV
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2011, 08:24:32 PM »

not only could they be good beast men and gnolls, but for a fantasy viking army,they could be ulfenwerner! support

Glory and Fame! blood is our name! souls full of thunder! hearts of steel! killers of men! a warriors friend! sword to avenge our fallen brothers to the end! one day to, I may fall; I shall enter odins hall!I shall die, sword in hand! my name, and my deeds shall scorch the land!
Dunnadd
Captain

« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2011, 09:14:02 PM »

that was my idea from the start Kovac - just didn't use the word to avoid Games Workshop lawsuits  Wink I don't really mind whether they're modelled as armoured and armed gnolls or wolf headed beastmen in arms and armour - it'll all look the same in 10 mil scale
KOVAV
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2011, 05:51:26 AM »

aye, your right, we must do all things to keep GW from stepping on pendraken. and they would do it to. I just dont like them as a company. if pendraken is whats a called sportsmen-like business, than GW is a power-seller.

Glory and Fame! blood is our name! souls full of thunder! hearts of steel! killers of men! a warriors friend! sword to avenge our fallen brothers to the end! one day to, I may fall; I shall enter odins hall!I shall die, sword in hand! my name, and my deeds shall scorch the land!
Dunnadd
Captain

« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2011, 03:15:14 PM »

GW write good rules and really good background and worlds for their games. Their prices started going a bit crazy after 1984 though and have become ridiculous today. They now charge more for plastic figures than they used to charge for metal ones (saw one figure one of my friends had bought at £9.50 for a single human on foot)

I loved most of the pre-slotta Citadel figures but most of their slotta based ones are very poor and cartoon like (i'm pretty sure this was so 12 year olds could paint them more easily). A minority of their slotta based figures have been very nice figures too, but the majority are terrible.
KOVAV
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2011, 07:06:07 PM »

Their rules and background are the only profit they shall be getting from me! even their 10mm is overpirced! it costs about 4 to 6 times as much as pendrakens. as for their 28mm, It is stupid. I willl never, ever in a million years, buy an army of figures that cost me 4 or more dollars a pop when I could get others for so much less.

Dunnadd
Captain

« Reply #10 on: 18 July 2013, 12:52:10 AM »

i think people have begun to forget the importance of armoured werewolves/wolfmen/gnolls
Sandinista
Brigadier

« Reply #11 on: 18 July 2013, 07:20:55 AM »

add me to list for armed wolfmen

GordonY
Colonel

« Reply #12 on: 18 July 2013, 08:06:30 AM »

I'd probably find a use for them in my hill dwarf army, speaking of which when are we gonna get some proper bear-riding dwarf cavalry. You know I'm looking at you Clib.
barbarian
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #13 on: 18 July 2013, 09:02:27 AM »

Something like :

I'm afraid it is "real" 10 mm again so not really compatible with pendraken dwarves.  Undecided

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
UZero
Cadet

« Reply #14 on: 18 July 2013, 05:27:28 PM »

I'm not bothered that it's real 10mm put me down for some of those - the detail in that is fantastic.  Cheesy

Is there an embossed design on the axe?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: