armed & armoured werewolves /wolfmen

Started by Dunnadd, 01 September 2011, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunnadd

How about wolfmen or werewolves with swords and shields and chain shirts? They could double as some of the beastmen for a chaos army

Arsenus

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dunnadd

p.s could also double as the gnolls some people in the main fantasy requests thread asked for - on 10mm scale a gnoll and an armoured and armed werewolf are going to look pretty much the same

nikharwood

Quote from: Dunnadd on 17 September 2011, 03:18:57 AM
p.s could also double as the gnolls some people in the main fantasy requests thread asked for - on 10mm scale a gnoll and an armoured and armed werewolf are going to look pretty much the same
Quote from: Dunnadd on 01 September 2011, 11:54:56 PM
How about wolfmen or werewolves with swords and shields and chain shirts? They could double as some of the beastmen for a chaos army

You're absolutely right on both points...I'm in  8)

KOVAV

not only could they be good beast men and gnolls, but for a fantasy viking army,they could be ulfenwerner! support
Glory and Fame! blood is our name! souls full of thunder! hearts of steel! killers of men! a warriors friend! sword to avenge our fallen brothers to the end! one day to, I may fall; I shall enter odins hall!I shall die, sword in hand! my name, and my deeds shall scorch the land!

Dunnadd

that was my idea from the start Kovac - just didn't use the word to avoid Games Workshop lawsuits  ;) I don't really mind whether they're modelled as armoured and armed gnolls or wolf headed beastmen in arms and armour - it'll all look the same in 10 mil scale

KOVAV

aye, your right, we must do all things to keep GW from stepping on pendraken. and they would do it to. I just dont like them as a company. if pendraken is whats a called sportsmen-like business, than GW is a power-seller.
Glory and Fame! blood is our name! souls full of thunder! hearts of steel! killers of men! a warriors friend! sword to avenge our fallen brothers to the end! one day to, I may fall; I shall enter odins hall!I shall die, sword in hand! my name, and my deeds shall scorch the land!

Dunnadd

GW write good rules and really good background and worlds for their games. Their prices started going a bit crazy after 1984 though and have become ridiculous today. They now charge more for plastic figures than they used to charge for metal ones (saw one figure one of my friends had bought at £9.50 for a single human on foot)

I loved most of the pre-slotta Citadel figures but most of their slotta based ones are very poor and cartoon like (i'm pretty sure this was so 12 year olds could paint them more easily). A minority of their slotta based figures have been very nice figures too, but the majority are terrible.

KOVAV

Their rules and background are the only profit they shall be getting from me! even their 10mm is overpirced! it costs about 4 to 6 times as much as pendrakens. as for their 28mm, It is stupid. I willl never, ever in a million years, buy an army of figures that cost me 4 or more dollars a pop when I could get others for so much less.

Dunnadd

i think people have begun to forget the importance of armoured werewolves/wolfmen/gnolls

Sandinista

GordonY

I'd probably find a use for them in my hill dwarf army, speaking of which when are we gonna get some proper bear-riding dwarf cavalry. You know I'm looking at you Clib.

barbarian

Something like :

I'm afraid it is "real" 10 mm again so not really compatible with pendraken dwarves.  :-\
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

UZero

I'm not bothered that it's real 10mm put me down for some of those - the detail in that is fantastic.  :D

Is there an embossed design on the axe?