10mm Sassanid Persians

Started by Spenno, 29 August 2011, 12:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenno

Have just finished painting my first base of archers for this army, The plan is to get them all painted by the end of September.

http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i370/spenno/Sassanid%20Persian/

Units to paint-

2 units of infantry
3 units of archers
2 units of skirmishers
6 units of skirmish cavalry
4 units of heavy cavalry
3 command bases

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looking good, if a little European in flesh tones...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Nicely done, looking forward to seeing the rest!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Spenno

29 August 2011, 06:26:08 PM #4 Last Edit: 29 August 2011, 06:38:43 PM by Spenno
Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 August 2011, 04:56:41 PM

I'll go back to the flesh once there all done, still finding it a bit tricky to get the highlights to show up on 10mm in any other flesh tone.

Will look at trying a couple of light brown washes to darken them down.

Thanks for the feed back

FierceKitty

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 August 2011, 04:56:41 PM
Iranian flesh tones are pretty much the same as Caucasian. They're not Arabs, remember (and tend to get annoyed if you confuse the two, as do Turks taken for Arabs, Canadians for Americans, Celtic provincials for English, and real wargamers for Warhammer players).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

But they do have great tans, unlike us pasty Brits!  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

You've inspired me to try and get on with mine. Mike's Late Romans are thirsting to get at them.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Spenno

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 30 August 2011, 05:18:46 PM
You've inspired me to try and get on with mine. Mike's Late Romans are thirsting to get at them.

Thats great, really made my day :)

nikharwood

Spenno

Have finally got the Sarmatian army finished that I was painting for a mate(magister militum figures) and really did not enjoy painting them so looking forward to getting some more work done on my persians and hopefully some new photos will go up soon.

Steven

Fenton

There great ...what manufacturer are they?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Spenno

They are the Pendraken figures, are detail is alot better then on the photo's.

Steven

Fenton

Ah...When I typed my comment I thought the pics were on another forum and was responding on there not the pendraken forum, always to many windows open these days
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Hertsblue

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 August 2011, 01:50:23 AM
Iranian flesh tones are pretty much the same as Caucasian. They're not Arabs, remember (and tend to get annoyed if you confuse the two, as do Turks taken for Arabs, Canadians for Americans, Celtic provincials for English, and real wargamers for Warhammer players).

Great observation. Withering, but great.  ;D ;D ;D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net