Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hi Again

The final piccy as discussed.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The thunderbolt in the background looks a bit out of place.

Very nice stuff - are the ships scratched ?

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Well spotted - it started life as a Thunderbolt,in my spares box  but now blogged  with new undercarriage and cockpit  (from a Stuka kit ) to 'resemble' a generic  inter war dive bomber -"  based LOOSELY on Polish PZL P23- which we are NEVER going to get in a kit.   

The Caledonian Airforce aquired it circa 1937. .....thats towards the end of the Taraguay- Caledonian war, which as we all know  (1930-1938)......
The Bristol was used in the early years...

Just wait to the new Caledonian Christie tanks roll out.....

And now the weather.

Sunray out

republic of tolworth

Great to see some Imagination/AVBCW stuff there. And good to see nautical bits.

Bravo sir 8)
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

The engine and prop are a bit of a give away. Might have been an idea to chop a Hurricane into a Henley the Hawker competitor for the Battle spec (and no better!)

IanS

Sunray

Which reminds me , must really get this ship conversion finished - the new gun has arrived from Leon - a 5" and looks better than the Boer war 6" I was playing with  and the new scratch build bridge parts are about ready. In the mid ship will be a covered area for troops, so this river gun boat can land a sizeable shore party after bombardment.  Useful piece of kit.

The Caledonian troops also get to fight as Scots Nats in VBCW- hence blue/white St Andrews cross/roundels on their kit.

Rematch of Fodden with A6s and 18 pounders - what ?

Sunray out 

Quote from: Sunray on 27 August 2011, 11:45:30 AM

Rematch of Fodden with A6s and 18 pounders - what ?

Thought it was only Ford that shot at strikers - Fodden make lorries, Flodden think....

Ians ;D

Sunray

Quite - typos happen - your own blogs have their fair share. But but hey, you must be kept busy with the Wargames Pedantic Correctness Police. Now have you any images of your scratch buillt models /figure conversons /stuff to share for our eye candy.....or is it all virtual with you ...old boy ?

Sunray out and ...into the sunshine this glorious bank holiday.

GrumpyOldMan

Hi Sunray

Quote from: Sunray on 27 August 2011, 10:28:53 AM
based LOOSELY on Polish PZL P23- which we are NEVER going to get in a kit.   

Sunray out

'Never' is a long time, there is a 1/144 PZL23 available from http://www.hlj.com/product/FIRA001?r=jv942cou in Japan for ~11 pounds. This along with a Curtiss Shrike are on my 'to buy' list when I have a surfeit of funds and sense  :D.

Still, as a man who has contemplated getting some F-toy Japanese biplanes and repainting them as RAF, I shouldn't smugly strut around  ;D ;D

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan ( 2 inches of rain has cut short my weekend  :( )

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

28 August 2011, 09:00:10 AM #11 Last Edit: 28 August 2011, 08:17:48 PM by Leon
Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 27 August 2011, 10:47:58 PM
Hi Sunray

'Never' is a long time, there is a 1/144 PZL23 available from http://www.hlj.com/product/FIRA001?r=jv942cou in Japan for ~11 pounds. This along with a Curtiss Shrike are on my 'to buy' list when I have a surfeit of funds and sense  :D.

Still, as a man who has contemplated getting some F-toy Japanese biplanes and repainting them as RAF, I shouldn't smugly strut around  ;D ;D

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan ( 2 inches of rain has cut short my weekend  :( )

Where do you find them?  If we are ever POWs together, then you are the scrounger!  The Avia from AZ arrived last week - nice kit

Thanks again for putting up the photos.

Yep - the rain is here - might get those Pendraken figures painted  afterall.

SUNRAY OUT

Edit: Quote fixed.