Random predictions for the 2011/12 season!

Started by Leon, 14 August 2011, 01:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

As the new season gets going, here's a few random thoughts:-

- Man Utd, despite losing a couple of big players, will add a couple of youngsters to the team, and dominate the traditional 'Big 4'.

- Man City will come very close to taking the title from them, but just won't have the star power to finish the job.

- Arsenal are stuffed unless they can bring someone in.  Losing their two best players, more to go, and no replacements.  Will finish 5th/6th.

- Spurs need a world-class striker, and then they will be challenging with Liverpool and Chelsea for the remaining two CL places.

- At the other end, Wigan are going down.  Lost too many players.  Norwich will also be down, lacking the quality at this level.

- The last relegation place will be a close run affair between Wolves and Blackburn, but the Blackburn owners will panic at the thought of dropping down, and buy in January to save the club.

Add your own!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Shrewsbury Town will either end up mid-table, or just miss out on promotion in the end of season play-offs, AGAIN!  :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Kiwidave

They could always play ion the Welsh league :p :D

Cheltenham Town will promise much and deliver little, but will not be in the bottom 5 at the end :) (Despite being favourites to go down - again)

Sandinista

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 14 August 2011, 11:46:01 PM
Boro will get promoted  :)

If only...  8->

I can't see it this year, but next season could be a real possibility, once he's had more time to get his players, playing his way.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

goat major

the seasons a month old and i'm not already suicidally depressed. Something's not right....
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Sandinista

Quote from: goat major on 10 September 2011, 05:27:14 PM
the seasons a month old and i'm not already suicidally depressed. Something's not right....
The Mogganaut rolls on  :D

Techno

Hah !

Only just noticed this thread....

Think I'd go fairly much with your predictions Leon...Mine would be..
1. Man U (Ferguson just manages to motivate his players better than anyone else.)
2. Man City (Will run Man U VERY close !)
3. Chelsea...A good number of points behind.
4. Liverpool.

Not sure about Spurs and Arsenal....Could see both finishing outside the top 6.

For the Drop....Norwich (for sure)...Wigan...And perm one from 3 ...Fulham, Swansea, Wolves.

Up...West Ham, Cardiff & Derby.

Complete outsiders that are worth a punt...Mr Vettel for the F1 Championship and Barca for the Champions League  ;) ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Sandinista

Quote from: Techno on 11 September 2011, 08:17:05 AM
Up...West Ham, Cardiff & Derby.

Surely this man knows nothing about football  ;)

Boro will be champions  8)

Techno

Quote from: Sandinista on 11 September 2011, 11:45:32 AM
Surely this man knows nothing about football  ;)

Cruel....But fair .... ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil.

Leon

I've increased my Boro optimism to 'Level 2 - Cautiously positive...', so I've accepted the possibility of us actually being in a play-off position at the end of the season.  We still need to face some of the tougher teams in the League though (Birmingham result was good though) to see how well we hold up.