10mm hill fort

Started by Doerchele, 14 August 2011, 12:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doerchele

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Currently, I am working on building for the fort and a village.  I'll post some picks up as soon as they are ready.

Doerchele

Here is a photo of the work in progress for the village surrounding the hill fort.  It is still in the rough stages but should look alright after some tidying and painting.  Everything is made with paper clay and deco stones.  What's a deco stone?
You can read more about it on my blog.
http://miniaturesaga.blogspot.com/2011/11/10mm-village.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Arsenus

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

Doerchele

I started work on the hill for the monastery. 
http://miniaturesaga.blogspot.com/2011/11/large-hill.html

Now, I need to get some villagers and monks.  Does anyone know any suitable figures in the Pendraken range?  How about sheep and cattle?  I know that Irregular has some 10mm livestock.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Leon

There's the kneeling monk in the Norse range, and some standing monks in the Medieveals, code ELM37.  For villagers and peasants, not too sure, you could play about with some of the Anglo Saxon types?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Doerchele on 11 November 2011, 12:41:38 AM
I started work on the hill for the monastery. 
http://miniaturesaga.blogspot.com/2011/11/large-hill.html

Now, I need to get some villagers and monks.  Does anyone know any suitable figures in the Pendraken range?  How about sheep and cattle?  I know that Irregular has some 10mm livestock.

Just ordered pretty much everything mammalian from the catalogue for collection at Wafare this weekend so I'll let you know if there is anything suitable.  ;)
(Definitely no sheep, but there maybe something suitable for cattle.)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Doerchele

Yes, the kneeling monk (NO6) will do.
Also, the standing monks (ELM 37) should be okay.

For civilians, I've found some figures without shields that should be okay.
I was thinking (unarmoured billmen) EMM5 and EMM6 (staffslingers) should be okay as well with some conversion (spears to staves)
The armed peasants (ELM 14 might be fine with some conversion)
How about these figures?
AR11 - Spanish Slingers (with the right paint job)
ARL18- Druid Merlin figure only

What about female beggars (FBG7) and halflings as children?

Again thank you for your help.

Leon

Quote from: Doerchele on 17 November 2011, 12:38:38 AM
For civilians, I've found some figures without shields that should be okay.
I was thinking (unarmoured billmen) EMM5 and EMM6 (staffslingers) should be okay as well with some conversion (spears to staves)
The armed peasants (ELM 14 might be fine with some conversion)
How about these figures?
AR11 - Spanish Slingers (with the right paint job)
ARL18- Druid Merlin figure only

What about female beggars (FBG7) and halflings as children?

They sound fine, the only one I'd be unsure of would be the Fantasy Beggars, as they're a little taller than the regular historical ranges.  If you're placing an order, I could always pop a few samples of them in for you to look at?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Having just ordered HAlflings, they are wider and taller in proportion to Pendraken normal humans (but the cloaked swords, bow and spear may suffice)

Hoild on, did I just say Halfings are BIG too...

Ah!

Ooops!

*Sound of footsteps running away*

*Door slams as Mad Lemmey runs away from obvious oxymoron!*  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Doerchele

I think that I've got the male villagers and priests.  Still no women and children.  Perhaps they were wise enough to hide them from the Vikings.......

I'll be ordering  be placing an order very soon.  My better half is getting me Pendraken for Christmas......No Cologne! No Belt! No Wallet! No Aftershave!  Hip Hip Hooray!

Thank you all for the help!