Pendraken Fantasy Football League!

Started by Leon, 03 August 2011, 04:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 13 August 2011, 09:32:39 AM
Gah...FFS...still can't get in...not impressed. At all.  ~X( :-w :( >:(

Have you not been able to get a team done at all then?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 13 August 2011, 07:26:32 PM
Have you not been able to get a team done at all then?

Nope - clearly, someone, somewhere, is worried about my fantasy managerial capacity  ;)

Tried from 3 different machines last night / today, using 3 different browsers & even nicked my neighbours wireless connection...still no joy. Feck it - you'll just have to take my word for it that I had the team selection so sorted that I would win with no changes made all season. You've got my address for the prize [I think I'll probably tie with Alan - I like his choice, I'll have some LoA as well please]  ;) :d 8-}

Sandinista

Currently my bench has scored more than my team  :(

Leon

Yeah, I've had an average day, only 4 played.  Couple of transfers beckoning already though...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

15 August 2011, 10:14:25 PM #34 Last Edit: 15 August 2011, 10:16:11 PM by nikharwood
Finally...I'm in.. 8)

That. Was. Painful.  :(

And, of course, I have no points for the weekend... :'(

Sandinista

:( I do not appear in the league but it shows on my list of leagues I am in  :(

Leon

Some good choices made in some of those teams there!  I kinda wish I'd taken the punt on Cahill now...

Quote from: Sandinista on 16 August 2011, 10:14:55 AM
:( I do not appear in the league but it shows on my list of leagues I am in  :(

Hmm.. that's odd, I've sent an invite through, so if you follow the link in that, it should make you pop up in the League hopefully?  If not, let me know, and I'll contact them about it.

Sandinista

It allows me to post in the forum but team does still not show in table

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 16 August 2011, 07:24:31 PM
It allows me to post in the forum but team does still not show in table

We'll have to send them an email I think, if you let me know your team name, I can contact them for you if you like?

Leon

This should have landed in everyone's Inbox, but just in case:

As you may already be aware, many fans trying to access Fantasy Premier League on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning experienced problems logging in or registering teams prior to the Gameweek 1 deadline.

While the demand reached unprecedented levels on Saturday morning, we fell short of the standards you expect from the world’s biggest fantasy football game and make no excuses for what was both a frustrating and disappointing experience ahead of the new season. For this we apologise unreservedly.

Our technical teams worked throughout the weekend to ensure the technical issue that led to the problems experienced by users was dealt with. Work also continues to improve the quality of your experience with additional steps taken in the game itself that enable you to:

1. Receive unlimited transfers
No points will be deducted for any transfers you make up to the Gameweek 2 deadline (11:30 BST on Saturday 20th August 2011). If you made multiple transfers earlier this week, you will not be penalised. If you had opted to play your wildcard, this will be restored to your account once the Gameweek 2 deadline passes.

2. Opt to start mini-league scoring at Gameweek 2
The option is available to all mini-league administrators to start the scoring from Gameweek 2. Go to ‘Leagues’ > ‘League name’ > ‘Administer’ > Select ‘Gameweek 2’ in ‘Scoring Starts’ drop-down menu and click ‘Update league details’.

3. Win a VIP trip to watch Man Utd v Chelsea
The manager of the team that accumulates the most points in Gameweeks 2, 3 & 4 will win a VIP trip for two to watch Man Utd v Chelsea on Sunday 18th September 2011 . The prize includes all transport, two nights’ accommodation, match tickets, pre-match hospitality and £250 spending money. If there is a tie between teams, the team with the fewest transfers between Gameweeks 2-4 will win the trip. In the event of a further tie, the winner will be selected at random.

4. Win a new monthly prize - iPad2
Each monthly winner of Fantasy Premier League 2011/12 will be able to choose between receiving an iPad2 or the current monthly prize (replica shirt, iPod nano & digital camera). The runner-up will then receive whichever prize is not claimed by the monthly winner.

•    The login/registration system had to be upgraded during the summer - this service is delivered by a new third party provider and is the most significant change from previous seasons.
•    The live updates will be functioning for Gameweek 2.
•    All league standings will be updated after each points update as per previous seasons. The single update for Gameweek 1 was an isolated case.
•    If you have problems logging in, please try resetting your password by entering your email address on this page: https://users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/login/reset_password.html You’ll be emailed a new password to use that you can change to something more memorable once youve logged in by visiting ‘My Account’. If you are not receiving the password reminder, please check your Junk folder in your email inbox and add noreply@send.premierleague.com to your Mailing List to ensure that the email arrives in your inbox.

Regards,

Premier League Customer Services

Of particular interest there is the news that all transfers are now free until the start of Gameweek 2, which has a deadline of 11:30am on Saturday.  Might be time to shift some folk around a bit maybe?!   :D

Sandinista

Quote from: Leon on 16 August 2011, 07:27:39 PM
We'll have to send them an email I think, if you let me know your team name, I can contact them for you if you like?

That would be cool, team name is Jings McBoro, last years champions  :D

Leon

18 August 2011, 05:30:19 PM #41 Last Edit: 18 August 2011, 05:40:49 PM by Leon
Quote from: Sandinista on 18 August 2011, 12:06:35 PM
That would be cool, team name is Jings McBoro, last years champions  :D

No bother, I'll contact them.

EDIT: Done that now, I'll let you know as soon as I get a response.

nikharwood

Coolio - are you starting the scoring from now then?  :-\ :-*

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 20 August 2011, 12:26:53 AM
Coolio - are you starting the scoring from now then?  :-\ :-*

Hmmm... not sure.  If everyone else is happy to do that, I can change the scoring settings?

PeterRushton

most folks seemed to get their team organised in plenty of time for week 1....