Space-opera miniatures

Started by jchaos79, 30 March 2010, 11:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaos79

Have you considered to launch a sci-fi/star-wars kind/space adventure figures?

Ideas:
alien cantine drinking and resting
evil forces troopers,
future warrior monks (as jedis or robbed dessed),
droids,
Space pilots (star trekk like),
Rebel forces for jungle
Bandits of the desert (Mad Max or tusk rider like)

It could be similar to the films or just the concept.  Could be great!!  :o :D

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Jase

You'll probably have the same copyright issues as with Planet of the Apes, but nevertheless, me wants too!!!
Exitus Acta Probat

Captain Verbeek

We could start a thread on the site to generate our own pendraken fan fiction universe.  I'll start.....

Slow pan to planet surface... a large crowd has gathered in the streets of a war-torn city.  The crowd is dressed in urban attire but all are desheveled and dirty.  A lone tower remains untouched.  Gathered at the base of the tower a small cadre of the planets remaining political representatives have gathered to sign a charter dedicating the planets resources to the conquering forces, (cue evil music)  an emaculately dressed man in muted neutral attire decends from the tower's entrance and anounces, "As has always been the right of victors, we the Authority, acknowledge this gathering and are pleased to see that our terms have been accepted by your administration."  What should have felt as a great relief for the gathered people felt more like a slap in the face as Nilmsa listened.  The invasion had started when she was only 5 years old, her father had been lost defending their city and she had never known her mother.  What should have been a life of leasure had turned into a nightmare, living in burnt out buildings scavaging for food, but the invasion had made her hard as nails and a survivor.  Now at 19 years old it was over, the politicians had given up the people were willing to forgive the atrocities commited by the Authority but not her and not her companions they would never forget and never surrender.

If someone wants to go into the history of the conflict add more characters a living history of the subjegation of planet (name) by the Authority.  Could be great fun need a fan fiction thread.

just my two cents.
Non Cadmus

17-21l

Good lord - have I been beamed to another planet?? there is no helping some people.  Oh yea and they could all have interchangable heads :D.
But seriously- what about The Great Reptilean Wars of Planet Zarg 1482-1484 - we could have giant frogs with lazor razor caterpillar guns.  If you spend lots of hours and cash making them, well hey put me in for a "bag"  :-*  :-X
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

Captain Verbeek

Nilmsa stared in disbelief, she whispered to her companion, "G'rupp do you believe this, the politicians have just sold out the resistance."  "It reminds me of what happened to my own people on Zarg only instead of capitulation we experienced genocide."  G'rupp inadvertantly puffed his reptillian throat in remorse.  Nilmsa stared into his bright yellow eyes and said, "don't worry G'rupp we won't let that happen again."

see how it works two (2) characters already.  Keep it comin.  We will of course need some fleshing out of the Zarg and 17-21 would be an excellent droid name or "ton"name short for autonomaton.
Non Cadmus

goat major

Quote from: 17-21l on 31 March 2010, 02:20:56 PM
Good lord - have I been beamed to another planet?? there is no helping some people.  Oh yea and they could all have interchangable heads :D.
But seriously- what about The Great Reptilean Wars of Planet Zarg 1482-1484 - we could have giant frogs with lazor razor caterpillar guns.  If you spend lots of hours and cash making them, well hey put me in for a "bag"  :-*  :-X

i think you'll find that lazor razor caterpillar guns didnt become standard issue until 1485.
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Captain Verbeek

Goat major, I believe the lazor razor catrepillar gun was distributed to certain veteran units earlier in 1484 prior to adoption by the entire Zarg impi as well as the addition of shaman IV web gear.  However, your knowledge of the great reptilean war (GRW) is impressive and further contributions on Zarg military history and/or doctrine would be great.  ;D
Non Cadmus

17-21l

Ok I asked for that-happy days ;) :D
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: Captain Verbeek on 31 March 2010, 02:42:53 PM
Nilmsa stared in disbelief, she whispered to her companion, "G'rupp do you believe this, the politicians have just sold out the resistance."  "It reminds me of what happened to my own people on Zarg only instead of capitulation we experienced genocide."  G'rupp inadvertantly puffed his reptillian throat in remorse.  Nilmsa stared into his bright yellow eyes and said, "don't worry G'rupp we won't let that happen again."

Nilmsa turned and walked away from the crowd, stepping carefully over the rubble strewn across the streets.  She didn't even notice it anymore, the scattered rubble, the acrid smell of burning waste, nor even the enclosing greyness of the sky above.  G'rupp remained still, staring as the last formalities of the surrender were completed, then he too turned and followed his companion into the dimly lit alley.  The politicians might think this war was over, but he knew that it certainly would not end this way.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Captain Verbeek

As Nilmsa entered the alley her instincts began to run hot.  She reached down to unclip her holstered sidearm, when a figure emerged from the shadows. "Nilmsa the captain wants to see you immediately." Nilmsa felt a shiver of relief, her senses had been honed to a razor's edge from her training with Gris Timor but this messanger was a friendly and she eased up on her weapon.  However, something did not seem right.  "Who are you? and how do you know my name?"  "That is not important right now child, suffice to say I am a friend and it is very important that we be on our way before those Authority soldiers take notice our conversation."  Nilmsa turned to note two uniformed men peering in their direction.  "What about G'rupp?" Nilmsa said.  "Enough!", the cowled figure said in an intense hushed tone.  The messanger turned and started down the alley, Nilmsa followed.

what color uniform do the authority forces wear?
what sort of weapon would the spiritual type warriors use and why their involvement with the rebellion?
fan fiction input solicited.
Non Cadmus

Gunhit

Grey with a tinch of blue-green, tight cut, with high jcak boots & peaked caps ofc  ;D

Keep it coming, very enjoyable. Could Riddick be making an appearance?

Captain Verbeek

No copy-righted material only new fiction.  I posted a thread on TMP soliciting fan fiction on the Sci-fi boards.  Hopefully we will generate some interest from that. 
Non Cadmus

Captain Verbeek

01 April 2010, 09:01:25 PM #13 Last Edit: 01 April 2010, 10:17:11 PM by Captain Verbeek
Nilmsa and G'rupp followed the hooded figure through a series of alleyways and debris.  The hooded figure was very agile and quick.  Nilmsa allowed her mind to focus on the route they were taking.  Nilmsa had fought in many of the planet's cities but this was her first trip to the Authority stronghold of Omdilma.  The figure came to a sudden stop then crouched.  G'rupp instincively silently leaped into cover and Nilmsa unholstered her sidearm.  How odd quiet felt to her, the planet had been at war almost her entire life and the absence of explosions and heavy equipment nearlry unsettled her.  Just then she could feel it, the intense low hum of an authority bi-scout.  She was on unfamiliar ground with an unknown ally, according to the Authority the war is over, she thought, I understand their need for security but why a bi-scout this far away from the ceremonies?  The small fighting craft was getting closer, her senses became heightened and a feeling of calm took over.  She could see the hooded figure rythmically rocking.  "battle metitation?" she thought.  The only other person she had ever seen do such a thing was Gris Timor, her teacher and fathre figure.  Her mind was drawn back to focus as G'rupp shifted slightly and the bi-scout came into view.  The craft was approximately 150 yards east, she could make out the greenish gray urban camo of the two authority scouts.  "What are they looking for?" she thought.  The hooded figured held up is hand as if to stay put.  Before Nilmsa could even register a complaint in her thoughts the man was on the move.  Nilmsas had never seen anyone, check make that any creature move that fast.  A baritone hum two bright flashes and the scouts were dispatched.  The man standing before the bi-scout turned, his hood had fallen away and Nilmsa could see his face, he was older perhaps in his 50's with closely cut blue-gray hair, and a severe scar on his left cheek.  He motioned them over.  Nilmsa caught up to G'rupp as fast as she could be careful to keep an eye out for trouble.  We will take this craft to meet Gris Timbor.  G'rupp let out a small rumble.  "It's ok G'rupp, I can meet you in Warren 10 later."  "Be, careful Nilmsssssa", G'rupp said.  "always, you too", Nilmsa swung onto the bi-scout.  G'rupp watched the engine cells flash and then within 5 seconds the bi-scout was out of sight.
Non Cadmus

jchaos79

02 April 2010, 01:40:18 AM #14 Last Edit: 02 April 2010, 01:42:47 AM by jchaos79
Hi Capitan Verbeek,

I do not intent to be rude at all. But I open this threat with the purpose of launch the proposal of space opera (generic or any sci fi movie like) to be produce. Also to have some feedback from the people who read the forum and support that idea and Leon (or any responsable could evaluate the interest of the topic.

I am gladly surprise with your good iniciative to create a background for a generic space opera range or write a fan fiction! it is great and very enjoyable, and also show your interest in the range of figures! But in my humble opinion, maybe the threat to develop the background of the figure range could be discuss in other place of this forum, and leave this threat to people express thier interest (or concrete ideas, different, miscellaneus) to space opera /sci fi film figures in general.

At last but not least, I support totally the idea of your world to cast figures, and I would like to contribute... unfortunatly my english is not too good to write in "novel style" . Maybe I will do it if I have any "good"  idea.

Best regards,

Jchaos