Wellington in India

Started by Heliat, 29 July 2011, 03:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sultanbev

oh contraire, a Mysorean and Marathan army would be high on my 10mm bucket list, alongside War of 1812 and Egypt/Syria 1798-99 and above the upcoming Peninsula range.
To represent all the Indian troop types you'd need a large number of codes though, and at least 10 for the EIC, as their hats changed over time. I don't think of it as a range you can just tack on one or two extra codes and be done with it.

Mark

Dannyboy

I was thinking in terms of getting the ball rolling as it were, I would love a complete Indian army in all it's glory, bullock drawn artillery and all, with Wellesley's red coats to match. However from Leon's perspective I could appreciate hesitation before outlaying the initial investment. I'd hope a small investment in relevant sepoys and proxying the AWI range might be a way round this with perhaps the addition of the Indian noble cavalry.

The Indian Mutiny range is interesting in that it does open up a lot of possibilities, by morphing the 7YW British, you have Clive at Plessey at a squeeze.

But yes, I fully agree, a full Indian range would be spectacular and te scale to capture both the detail and variety of troops as well as capturing the sheer size of troops involved.

Leon

We're keeping an eye on the various requests around the Naps period, to see where we should go and what order to do them in.  With the Peninsular getting sorted this summer, we can then look at either the Revolutionary period (which needs a bit of discussing) or maybe War of 1812 as another not-Kickstarter method. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

How about Clive in/of India too?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner