Wellington in India

Started by Heliat, 29 July 2011, 03:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandinista

Some of these would link in well with 18th century Ottoman and Persians armies too, why not sculpt a large eastern range to cover this and other conflicts of the period?

cheers
Ian

Leon026

Oh yes, definitely eastern armies like the Ottoman as well.

+1 for the vote towards Indian troops.

Roy

Excellent suggestion!

My. Vote. Here.

and, Hello Heliat  :)

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Yep, I'll vote for that.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Always like armies with lots of fierce-looking fellows in turbans with swords.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Zippee

I'll vote for this - and to slide it backwards for a range that covers Indian forces through the 18th century, not much of a stretch.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

... or Melukha? Meh, probably not. :(
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

profjohn

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

add my vote
(I have the army lists too, so have a good idea of what's needed...)

Mark

Dannyboy

Bump:-Surely a relatively easy expansion now on the back of the excellent Mutiny range?

Dannyboy

Appreciate 18th Century/ Early 19 Century India isn't everybody's cup of tea (pardon the pun) and asking for a 10mm British in Egypt/ Mysore India range may be pushing it. However an interesting what if idea may be a French/ British engagement roundabout  1780, eg using Brits and French from the AWI range and mixing with elements of the Indian Mutiny and even Afghans as mercenaries. All that is really needed is a pack of HERIC sepoys and command.

Can it be done?

Dannyboy

Oh and some Indian Noble Armoured Heavy cavalry with command would be awesome  ;)