WW1 Engineers

Started by Bertie, 17 July 2011, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bertie

The rules I am using allow for engineers/wiring party platoons to remove or replace barbed wire. Can anyone suggest  figures I can use to represent these units. In an ideal world Leon and Co would produce some figures carrying/using wire cutters, post and rolls of wire (anybody old enough to remember the Airfix figures with a coil of wire) but that is perhaps to much to ask :-\

Blaker

Trench Raiders from that period were equipped with wire cutters so they could remove barbed wire sections.  Pendraken makes Trench Raiders if that would help your gaming needs. But an actual WW1 engineer would be very cool.  :D

DanJ

We definately need engineers and sappers for all nations.

Kassad

We (at least I) need every miniatures work like civilians and tecnicians. Engineers would a great addictions.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Kassad

Leman

There are some generic engineering types in the C19th range hefting pickaxes and shovelling - essential for digging a trench. They're in shirtsleeves as it's hot work.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Kassad

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 24 October 2011, 07:12:02 PM
There are some generic engineering types in the C19th range hefting pickaxes and shovelling - essential for digging a trench. They're in shirtsleeves as it's hot work.
Thanks for the information. I'll check them.  :)