Pendraken on tour!

Started by Leon, 11 July 2011, 02:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Hi

Yep Banastre Tarleton of the famous hats and the bloody career in American War of Indepedence was of old Lancashire county stock and became MP for Liverpool after the war

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Right, let's get this started properly:

Back from 4 lovely days in Southwold (okay, two and a half lovely days, one day of rain, half a day of sickness)

I did not get my order in in time to get the figures for Soul Bay through, but here are some mobile phone shots of Southwold, and a few attacking forces.

An American General trying to infiltrate through the lines, only to be repelled by the bucket and spade brigade!

16th Prussian Infantry regiment, Wedell's Brigade, X Corps.
They landed at Southwold Harbour campsite, then tried to turn North towards the idilic and unsuspecting town on teh hill. You can just see the light house and the Brewery chimney, their objective was Gun Hill, the green sward to the right of the light house, where they were to secure the 6 18lbers and the beach front (which during WWI the Germans bombed it and the town from zepellin several times, thinking the 18th Century 18 pounders were a threat).

This was shortly before meeting the insurmountable force of the lovely Mrs Lemmy saying 'What are you doing?' and them sneaking back to Prussian in embarresment!

I did not get as much painted as I wished because after visiting Adnams Brewery and two days on the beach in blistering sunshine and a dodgy burger, I was rather too delicate to paint for two days  :)

Unfortunately, the action sequence of the Prussians adavancing up the beach at Southwold and then having an icecream on the pier has been forever lost, along with my camera and all the family photos, as I put the camera down somewhere this lunchtime, and by the time I had driven the 8 miles there and back again, it was gone! Thankfully it was the 8 year old spare and weighed as much as a brick, but had a load of good piccies on it  :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sandinista

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

goat major

The wabbit ?

I like the thought of the prussians advancing on Southwold - it's like a chapter from a spy adventure set in 1900

You are very brave taking a whole regiment camping !
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Nosher

Bugger - Southwold is literally 15 minutes up the road from me  :o We could have set up a small skirmish on the beach! ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I had the whole of Weddel's Brigade, 9th Dragoons and the remains of my Wurrtenberg division with me (2 infantry, 5 gun batteries)! I was planning to get loads done at night, but only did Dark blue and dark grey base coats before I fell ill !  :(

Nosher,. that would have been hilarious!

Sandinista

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Sandinista on 07 August 2011, 11:57:08 AM
oops, post pub posting phuque-up  :-[

;D ;D ;D

I thought I'd really overdone it and it was a post kill! *phew*

goat major

well i'm off on me jollies this afternoon accompanied by some stowaways from the League of Augsberg. Hoping to get some pics of them sunning themselves when the wife isnt watching !

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leon

Quote from: goat major on 10 August 2011, 10:53:08 AM
well i'm off on me jollies this afternoon accompanied by some stowaways from the League of Augsberg. Hoping to get some pics of them sunning themselves when the wife isnt watching !

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

goat major

This being a record of the Kings Foote Guards invasion of Italy in the Year of our Lord 2011

After crossing the channel, the Guards make quick progress into central France along a surprisingly well cobbled road

The city of Beaune falls without a fight, the brave troopers survey the town spying out opportunities for plunder

The Alps form a mighty barrier to most armies, but the Guards intend to follow in the footsteps of Hannibal

The supply train cannot follow through the mountains so its necessary to forage - living on no more  than Alpine funghi

Decending into Italy a torrential river presents the next challenge

But the Kings Guards are ever resourceful

and now the Italian armies flee before them, leaving the Guards to relax with the spoils of victory

Leon

Haha, that's awesome!  Some well-travelled chaps right there!   :-bd

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That was BRILLIANT! The last photo deserves a medal on it's own, but the lilo! LOL!  ;D ;D