Warhammer Historical: Waterloo & Gladiator...

Started by nikharwood, 12 July 2011, 11:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaapark

I wonder if the next WW1 supplement will ever be released ?
chris

DaveH

Looks like the WW1 supplement is imminent now. Very pretty but to be honest I like my rules books plain really.....

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Think its been out a while, I owned a copy via a raffle for 20mins till someone bought it off me.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

nikharwood

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 August 2011, 04:50:33 PM
Think its been out a while, I owned a copy via a raffle for 20mins till someone bought it off me.

IanS

Nope -it was released on 1st August - it's called "Over the Top": http://www.warhammer-historical.com/acatalog/The_Great_War.html#a60040286005

GordonY

Why, oh why, would anyone subject themselves to that clunky 1970's IGOUGO system is totally beyond me. I once suffered through a WH WW2 game where a PzFaust fired at 4 times the range of a rifle, once was enough.

DaveH

I'm not sure but seem like plenty will buy them.

Got to admit I don't like the big hardback rulebook with lots of pictures (not rules related diagrams) as a format that was used for Black Powder as well. I prefer the softcover with just the rules format that the Lardies or WRG use.

Maenoferren

Anyone seen the gladiator rules? interested to see how they work
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

Nope [nor the WW1 ones] - but I understand they've got animals as well as those flood-the-arena-it's-time-for-fake-naval-battles in 'em...I suspect they're based on / developed from LoTOW / LoTHS as that would be the blindingly obvious thing to do...

Hmm...mind you. having said *that*, this is GW we're talking about...

So they're probably based on Epic. Or Man-O-War  :d