Vickers Mediums MkII & MkIII

Started by Leon, 06 July 2011, 07:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Again, sooooooooooo very nice 8). Definately want these, now!!!

GrumpyOldMan

Hi All

Again a very nice job by the sculptor (or are these 3d printed?). Will definitely have some MkII's running around. The sad thing is that now I'm planning what I have to do to the MkII to make it into a Birch Gun  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Luddite

Brilliant sculpts.

Some of the best yet.

Damn it...AVBCW in 10mm is getting harder to resist...
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

O Dinas Powys

Another beautiful sculpt - there's just something about the crispness of the lines on these tanks  =D>
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Quote from: Squirrel on 07 July 2011, 09:05:16 PM
Due to the small number produced and sheer size of the NBFZ and T35 I doubt they'd really fit in with VBCW ...... not that it would stop me :d

Not models I'd get more than 1 or 2 of though, so if others felt the same way, probably not a viable prospect sadly :'(

Have to agree, looked at in a economic sense, the NBFZ, Independent and T35 wouldn't be great sellers, more of a Pulp or VBCW propaganda piece rather than actual kit  :(. Still by the apparent quality of the new masters maybe you can aim at collectors as well.  The T35 is available from diecast people and maybe the NBFZ and Independent can be set up as 3d printings for short runs, I keep on prodding the 3d printing process and it seems to be improving all the time. Still I can dream can't I !!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news that the Char FCM 2c still has a pulse, My French Interventionists need some propaganda  ;D ;D

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

republic of tolworth

Very nice 8)

I can see the Kingston TA needing a few of these to keep the BUF in check!
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

republic of tolworth

My French backed forces wouldn't say no either ;)

Some damn fine vehicles for interwar period just flooding in!

Thanks guys, but it has made a bit of an arms race! :o
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Leon

08 July 2011, 01:34:00 AM #22 Last Edit: 08 July 2011, 03:24:58 PM by Leon
Quote from: Blaker on 07 July 2011, 08:51:36 PM
Very cool. Was the Mk II used in the SCW by chance?   8)

Not that I know of, unless someone else has better info?  There is a kind of urban myth that one of the Vickers 6 tonners was sent to Spain via Bolivia, but there seem to be counter arguments on that.

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 07 July 2011, 11:58:37 PM
...are these 3d printed?

Nope, all done by hand with plasticard!   :D  The chap who's done these is Tony Ashcroft, who mainly works in 28mm for JTFM.

EDIT: It's JTFM he does work for.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Squirrel

Quote from: Leon on 08 July 2011, 01:34:00 AM
Nope, all done by hand with plasticard!   :D  The chap who's done these is Tony Ashcroft 

That explains the sharpness ....... awsome work though! I do hope Tony is willing to do more stuff for you :D

Cheers,

Kev

Squirrel

Quote from: republic of tolworth on 08 July 2011, 01:32:21 AM
Thanks guys, but it has made a bit of an arms race! :o

Hasn't it just ;D

Cheers,

Kev

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But we NEED PROPER TANKS - CENTRURION, CHEIFTAIN.......

Thought I'd start whning as much as someone looking for stupid headgear.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Hurrah

Very nice.

All we need to have now is to have the

- Carden Lloyd MG Carrier http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carden_Loyd_tankette

(could do double duty as RussianT-27, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-27 )

- Early Mark Vickers light with a 1 man turret.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Tanks_of_the_UK

Then you will have the entier British Armour park for the 1930's (VBCW/Sealion) covered as well as Vickers main export verhicles used elsewhere in those littel wars elsewhere.

Hurrah

Quote from: Blaker on 07 July 2011, 08:51:36 PM
Very cool. Was the Mk II used in the SCW by chance?   8)

'fraid not.

The Mk III only a few (3?) built as well as 3 16 tonners (very simmilar)

Only the British and British Empire forces used the Mk IIs. India certainly recived some (single figures). One or two may have reached Canada and Australia for trianing purposes.

NTM

Quote from: Leon on 08 July 2011, 01:34:00 AM

Nope, all done by hand with plasticard!   :D  The chap who's done these is Tony Ashcroft, who mainly works in 28mm for Battlefront I think?  (I may be wrong on the company). 

Think it's actually JTFM

Leon

08 July 2011, 03:26:11 PM #29 Last Edit: 08 July 2011, 03:28:05 PM by Leon
We'll definitely be looking at some more stuff, but with these inter/early items, it's not as easy to recoup the costs.  These two Vickers will have to sell in the 100's to generate any profit!   :o

Quote from: NTM on 08 July 2011, 03:22:14 PM
Think it's actually JTFM

Yep, I've just amended that!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!