Belgium 1914

Started by Leman, 06 July 2011, 07:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

With reference to my strange fascination with Belgium 1914, which would be the most useful armoured car to use and any chance of Royal Marines in the blue uniform and Belgian machine guns pulled by dogs?

DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

I'm not sure on the AC's, but I've popped those items on the Requests lists.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Gandalf

The Belgians, armed with sporting rifles, used Minerva and Excelsior touring cars with improvised armour to take pot shots at German cavalry.  The Royal Naval Air Service used mainly Rolls Royce Silver Ghosts and Lanchester tourers armed with Maxim machine guns and with added boiler plate.  Two lorries were converted into armoured personnel carriers and a third to carry a 3 pounder gun.
Have you seen the rivets on that?

Leman

That's useful info Gandalf. Thanks very much.

Gandalf

You're welcome.  I don't know much about machine-gun pulling dogs though.  I assume they must have been a large breed like a Rottweiler or similar?

GrumpyOldMan

Hi Gandalf

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Gandalf

Thanks for that Grumpy

Leman

Nice photos grumpy, cheers,
DP