19th C. Skirmishing masters, as requested!

Started by Leon, 30 June 2011, 04:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lentulus

lentulus

So when will these and the working party be on the website?

Leon

Quote from: lentulus on 28 July 2011, 03:39:41 AM
So when will these and the working party be on the website?

I'm hoping to squeeze them into the August releases, but won't know for sure until we finalise them tomorrow.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

The Frenchman kneeling looks very like the coffee mill pose I remember from long ago. As I recall from an article by Peter Dennis this was a favourite long range firing technique for chassepot armed troops - ie. push 'em in and pump 'em out without raising the rifle to the shoulder.
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

Hi Leon,

Sunday morning and I thought I'd remind myself how beautiful all of these look.  And they do! But then I have a question for you and all the experts out there.  I thought, and I think the Osprey was my source for this, that Prussian line infantry carried the bayonet permanently fixed to the rifle, and they therefore had no scabbard to put it in.  If this is true, how hard would it be to alter the kneeling figure to add the bayonet?

Best Regards,

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

He's right you know; the scabbard was in black leather with a brass tip for carrying a brass hilted short sword. The bayonet was fixed permanently to the Dreyse rifle.
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

It shouldn't be too hard to add a bayonet if you wanted one, a little bit of wire should do the trick.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Mulciber

Skirmish line Austrian Jaegers would be a great addition.