Austrian infantry 1866

Started by Martyn, 28 June 2011, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollinary

DP,

Thanks for taking the effort to do that!   They look great, both poses. So what are the poses in the current packs?  I had my second corps, which I think contains the new figures, painted for me, and I am not sure which is which. There are certainly some very nice advancing figures in there.  Any chance, of phots Leon?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Martyn

The figure in the second rank is exactly what I'm looking for. I take it that it is no longer manufactured?

Leman

Sorry Martyn but I don't think it is. The figures are shared with another club member, ie. he bought them several years ago and I painted them.
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Martyn

Leon

Quote from: Martyn on 07 July 2011, 09:52:07 PM
The figure in the second rank is exactly what I'm looking for. I take it that it is no longer manufactured?

Unfortunately not, that was the old AU2 code.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Martyn

Why was this historically accurate "attack pose" deleted? Seems very odd.

Leman

It has to be admitted that the new figures are a better sculpt, but you still have a good point there Martyn.
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

It was due to new dollies having been designed, and that pose wasn't among them.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Martyn

Surely historical research should be the backbone to any figure range rather than letting the figure designer dictate what is to be produced? Obviously there are situations when generic poses such as for ancients  as spear or javelin men etc, design freedom might be acceptable but in this case it just shows a lack of attention to detail.
Sorry to be so critical but if Pendraken is only going to produce one pose of Austrian infantry figure for 1866 which is in an incorrect pose when there was one in the original range then why should I bother to purchase. Sadly a lost sale.

Leon

Quote from: Martyn on 11 July 2011, 08:13:54 PM
Surely historical research should be the backbone to any figure range rather than letting the figure designer dictate what is to be produced? Obviously there are situations when generic poses such as for ancients  as spear or javelin men etc, design freedom might be acceptable but in this case it just shows a lack of attention to detail.

It's not really a lack of attention to detail, our designer spends a huge amount of time researching every figure he does.  If I recall correctly, at the time people wanted increasingly dynamic poses, so advancing with the rifle at 45 degrees happened to be the one done.

Sorry to be so critical but if Pendraken is only going to produce one pose of Austrian infantry figure for 1866 which is in an incorrect pose when there was one in the original range then why should I bother to purchase. Sadly a lost sale.

You've got two poses in the kittel troops, one in the greatcoat, plus you could use some of the new skirmishers to add more variety.  

We obviously don't want to lose a sale, but at the moment, there are very few votes for more greatcoat poses, so it doesn't look to be much of a priority for other folks.

cameronian

Lighten up Martyn, its a minority period and PenD have been mighty supportive of it.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Hertsblue

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the Saxon artillery teams to turn up.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Martyn

Sorry. Don't mean to be a bore!
Leon would it be possible just to up grade the old figure rather than go to the time and expense of something new?

maciek

This is why I suspended my plans for this period for a while. I will wait till more poses appear.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

owaincaesarius

Advancing at 45 degrees will do for me when/if I reinforce my Kaiserliks. Would rather like to see a few wearing the fore-and-aft forage cap as well though. Maybe one of the new skirmishers could be given it?