Austrian infantry 1866

Started by Martyn, 28 June 2011, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Hi everyone,
I seem to remember this old chestnut with the ACW in 15mm. Eventually Old Glory produced a right shoulder shift pack - then what happened - people wanted to produce charges, firing lines, marching columns etc. I actually like the new poses in the Austrian Greatcoat and remember back in the 60s when the only way to game this period was to endlessly convert Airfix figures. The fact that there is now a very large range of period specific mid-C19th figures is a boon and it does seem a little churlish  to be grumbling about this pose or that. I have found that with the best will in the world, when you want to put together a totally historical army, when it comes to the actual game sacrifices have to be made (not enough figures of a particular type, opponent's army not entirely accurate etc.). Perhaps nowadays we are spoilt too much with what is available and need to get some perspective on things. Remember how much companies like Pendraken and Freikorps have advanced the cause of C19th wargaming.
DP
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Shedman

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 13 July 2011, 06:33:28 PM
Remember how much companies like Pendraken and Freikorps have advanced the cause of C19th wargaming.

Absolutely - without Pendraken I'd have no 1859 or 1870 armies and without Freikorps no Maximilian Adventure

Mulciber

It would be lovely to see skirmish line jaegers.