Schneider half track armoured car

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 22 June 2011, 03:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Now that you have vehicle modellers working away, is there any chance of a WW2 French Schneider AMC P16 half track armoured car?

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

nikharwood

Martyn

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Basic chassis is good for all sorts of stuff, Dragon Portees used soft 1/2 tracks of that type.

For equivalent British stuff - look up the Crossley, sorry no picies.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Quote from: ianrs54 on 22 June 2011, 11:41:24 AM
Basic chassis is good for all sorts of stuff, Dragon Portees used soft 1/2 tracks of that type.

For equivalent British stuff - look up the Crossley, sorry no picies.

IanS

Yes the Crossley is a good idea, can't find any armoured half tracks though. Did find one that had tracks/chains type stuff placed over the rear wheels at Bovington:-

There are also some trucks with Kegresse half track rear here:-

More info on their half tracks here - http://www.crossley-motors.org.uk/history/military/kegresse/kegresse.html Now doesn't the staff car version look tempting, or how about the AA version of the armoured car here - http://www.crossley-motors.org.uk/history/military.html hmmmm? Of course if you have the Kegresse suspension done then it's just a small step to do all the French versions  ;D ;D ;D ;D.

:o Oh, so this what overreaching megalomania feels like  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Squirrel

I'd certainly like to see any of the Schneider or Crossley half-tracks, very VBCW 8)

Cheers,

Kev

Crosley is normally  6x6, and I did say SOFT for French transport....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!