Bersaglieri

Started by Martyn, 16 June 2011, 06:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

Just to add a little colour to the Western desert what about the Bersaglieri? I've always fancied infantry with chickens on their heads!! and they would be different.

Plus could we have some Italian POWs (these could be cast in blocks of thirty) rather than individuals. Each pack could come with a single tommy just to act as the guard!!!
Martyn

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Adding plumes to the helmets of fucilieri isn't difficult. 

Sun helmets would have been nice as an option given their preponderance in IEA and the early desert war but I've made do with helmets.

Mind you I have to admit my Bersaglieri battalion in progress is from another manufacturer because they had sun helmets. 

Regards

Edward

sunjester

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 18 June 2011, 03:58:49 PM
Mind you I have to admit my Bersaglieri battalion in progress is from another manufacturer because they had sun helmets. 

Regards

Edward

As is my Bersaglieri battalion I'm afraid, an additional incentive was that I could also get them on motorcycles.

Graham

Martyn

So no one wants Italians with chickens on their heads!!! ;D

republic of tolworth

Looks like everyone has gone for the ones from 'the other place', myself included :-[
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Martyn

How do they match for size against Pendraken?

republic of tolworth

Not too bad. Not always as good quality in detail.
I also got my French from them as well. Then Leon brings out the French :'(
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Leon

There are some plans underway to get them done, but nothing concrete yet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ben Waterhouse

Well here's a bump.

WW2 Italian Bersaglieri inf + heavy weapons + motorcyclists (both single and sidecar)

Ta
Ben
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

gianpi

I have painted a sizeable desert war Italian battlegroup based on Pendraken figures but the range is definitely not complete.
The most obvious miss are the Bersaglieri (infantry+ heavy weapons+ motorcycles) but also artillery is totally missing except for the AT 47/32.
Please Leon ;)

henjed

Seconding or bumping this. Would love some Bersag-whatnots for my Italian desert force.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Martyn on 16 June 2011, 06:18:48 PM
Just to add a little colour to the Western desert what about the Bersaglieri? I've always fancied infantry with chickens on their heads!! and they would be different.

Plus could we have some Italian POWs (these could be cast in blocks of thirty) rather than individuals. Each pack could come with a single tommy just to act as the guard!!!
Martyn

Next you'll be asking for Tanks jammed in reverse 5th gear.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sultanbev

Count me in too!
Some Alpini, cavalry and Guastatori assault engineers would be welcome too, and you can't even start an Italian WW2 army without 45mm mortars, 20mm Breda AA, and 20mm Solothurn anti-tank rifles.

Mark