South Shields War Games Club

Started by Dave Fairlamb, 15 June 2011, 09:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fairlamb

New Club in South Shields, at All Saints Community Association, Stanley Street (just off Boldon Lane, near Lidl).

Grand opening 19.06.11

So new we dont even have a name...yet... ;D

Our members play a variety of things from RPGs (not rocket propelled grenades), warhammer 40k and fantasy, Blitzkrieg commander, cold war commander, CCGs and lots of other fun games.

14:30-21:30 Sundays ;)

£2 entry

£7 yearly membership

Jim Ando

I`ll be coming along.

Jim (yes that one)

Jim Ando

How about

shell and shot wargamers.

Leon

Not wanting to be nosey (well I am actually...) what happened to the other South Shields club? 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jim Ando

Touchy subject at the moment

Someone has put the war in wargames.

Leon

Quote from: Jim Ando on 16 June 2011, 02:59:33 PM
Touchy subject at the moment

Someone has put the war in wargames.

Fair do's. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dave Fairlamb

Shell and Shot eh? not too bad, probably going to put some names in a hat and let the club members choose.

I Guess it is a touchy subject, too difficult to explain fully on the forum. But rest assured it will be business as usual at the new club. Games, fun and lots of dice rolling buy the bucket load with some nice new terrain and club projects.

Leon

Quote from: Dave Fairlamb on 16 June 2011, 05:53:14 PM
So new we dont even have a name...

The Gandoon Wargamers...

as in, "Let's gan doon the club..."   :D ;)

Jim Ando

What you playing dave. If you didn`t havwe a game sorted I` wouldn`t mind a BKC

Jim

Dave Fairlamb

I think me and my friend Paul were going to do a bit of the Old D-day BKC (Sainte-Mère-Église, Airborne attack the German garrison). He has been getting into it now for a few months and he wants a Yank army for 44+. I will have to just upgrade me Germans with BIG cats and various other nasty stuff

The reminds me, I went to Gladstones the other day and discovered that Zvezda are doing a range of 1/144 scale Aircraft (art-of-tactic.com) and picked up a Bf109F and a LAGG3 (£5+ tho they ain't cheap). But its not often do you see Russian fighters, I could not resist.  :D

Jim Ando

I won`t be down till 4.30 any way if I can find the place . I know it`s near tyne dock. So you have a new player to BKC thats always good news.

Jim

Dave Fairlamb

Here is the Exact Address:

All Saints Community Association
Stanley Street
South Shields
Tyne & Wear
NE34 0BX 

If you drive past tynedock on the B1298 its the same turn off as Lidl supermarket and the Last Orders Pub.           

Jim Ando

new club has been christened

drum roll please

SECTION 8.

Leon

Jim Ando

apparently Section 8 is how you get out the army for not being the full shilling so to speak.

I`m sure someone will correct me on this if I`m wrong.